Windows 10: Resetting Network in Windows 10

Discus and support Resetting Network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was unable to connect to my wireless network. The troubleshooting steps were unsuccessful. I attempted to reset my network. After my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeraldGibson2, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Resetting Network in Windows 10

I was unable to connect to my wireless network. The troubleshooting steps were unsuccessful. I attempted to reset my network. After my computer restarted, it allowed me to sign in but, it doesn't go to my desktop. It remains in the opening cycle. What can I do, to get it to open up to my desktop?

:)

GeraldGibson2, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Resetting Network in Windows 10

Windows 10 - "One or more network protocols are missing" and no DNS server

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Reset TCP/IP

One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted.

Follow the steps below to reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

• Reboot the computer and check.
    Step 2: Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps given in the article below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Also, refer to the link for reference:

Wired
    and wireless network problems
    (Applies to Windows 10)

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Resetting Network in Windows 10

1. Resetting Network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting Network

2. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  3. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  4. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?: My WiFi keeps disconnecting and when I go to turn it back on there is no WiFi that shows up. I did a network reset and it didn’t work it continues to disconnect but it’s not the router because I have another laptop it works perfectly fine, and if I move from spot to spot this...
  5. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?: My WiFi keeps disconnecting and when I go to turn it back on there is no WiFi that shows up. I did a network reset and it didn’t work it continues to disconnect but it’s not the router because I have another laptop it works perfectly fine, and if I move from spot to spot this...
  6. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. hello, I have an old network that has been reset and it interferes with the computer and I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hello, I have an old network that has been reset and it interferes with the computer and I...: I tried to delete the network but I didn't get it and I tried to change the user <The image failed to load>*** Moved from ru-ru *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-an-old-network-that-has-been-reset/19d7a50d-3e86-42f0-9490-65921ca0b22f
  8. my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...: winwthey aint showing as normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-apps-look-like-this-after-doing-a/29601835-3f49-4281-90ee-cb902ce16269
  9. my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...

my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...: winwthey aint showing as normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-apps-look-like-this-after-doing-a/29601835-3f49-4281-90ee-cb902ce16269
  10. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....