Windows 10: Resetting old corporate laptop

Discus and support Resetting old corporate laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A company in my area just had a going out of business sale and I bought an old laptop from them. It is loaded with windows 10 but requires admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ekajdnarima, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Resetting old corporate laptop

A company in my area just had a going out of business sale and I bought an old laptop from them. It is loaded with windows 10 but requires admin privileges to do anything. What do I need to do to make this laptop useable as a personal laptop.

submitted by /u/ekajdnarima
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ekajdnarima, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 1, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

Resetting old corporate laptop

n-ster, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Resetting old corporate laptop

1. Resetting old corporate laptop - Similar Threads - Resetting old corporate

2. I have purchased my old corporate computer and need to factory reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have purchased my old corporate computer and need to factory reset it.: When I try to open the boot up troubleshooter by restarting while holding shift it get the blue screen error and it says "Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation." How do I get around this? Windows 11 Pro...
  3. I have purchased my old corporate computer and need to factory reset it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have purchased my old corporate computer and need to factory reset it.: When I try to open the boot up troubleshooter by restarting while holding shift it get the blue screen error and it says "Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation." How do I get around this? Windows 11 Pro...
  4. Setup after reset of company laptop without corporate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup after reset of company laptop without corporate account: I recently reset my former work laptop so that I can pass it on to someone else. Upon trying to set up the system from scratch, the setup menu is asking me for an email address tied to my former employer, and the employers logo appears on the screen. I no longer work there...
  5. Setup after reset of company laptop without corporate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup after reset of company laptop without corporate account: I recently reset my former work laptop so that I can pass it on to someone else. Upon trying to set up the system from scratch, the setup menu is asking me for an email address tied to my former employer, and the employers logo appears on the screen. I no longer work there...
  6. Setup after reset of company laptop without corporate account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Fastest Way to reset old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fastest Way to reset old laptop: Hi guys.I need to reset my laptop. It is a 5 - 6-year-old hp laptop with windows 11 version and an Intel i3 processor. Can you guys tell any efficient way to reset my laptop completely and thoroughly? I am currently thinking of doing a complete reset and deleting all files...
  8. Reset old work laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset old work laptop: Hi guys, I have an old work laptop that was never returned and I was wondering if there is any way for me to reset this in order to use this as a personal laptop. It’s a Dell Latitude 3400 running Windows 10. Upon start up, the system is running McAfee Device Encryption...
  9. Windows 10 Reset with "Clean data" option for corporate laptops - is it secure?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset with "Clean data" option for corporate laptops - is it secure?: Hello, I would like to understand how secure the process is to reset a corporate laptop running Windows 10 Pro back to factory settings, such that it can be repurposed for personal use. Laptop specification: Windows 10 Pro factory OEM, NVMe SSD, Bitlocker encryption...
  10. Upgrading a corporate laptop to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading a corporate laptop to W10: So I have a computer that my father gave me. It was from his old office. It's an older machine with W7. It either has professional or ultimate. It was linked to a domain. They had some kind of professional IT service setup all the computers at his office. I believe the...