Windows 10: Resetting password

Discus and support Resetting password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot reset my Samsung desk top password. I state the I have forgotten password and it then says wait a minute but nothing happens. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by berylprosser, May 12, 2020.

1. Resetting password

I cannot reset my Samsung desk top password. I state the I have forgotten password and it then says wait a minute but nothing happens. Can anyone help please

:)

berylprosser, May 12, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 12, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 12, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Resetting password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Resetting password

1. Resetting password - Similar Threads - Resetting password

2. Password reset is problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password reset is problem: When I first boot up my computer, I log on to Windows with my password. During the TSPs, it ask my I can't log on to my network with my OneDrive account. Immediately it will bring me another window with my Microsoft Account. It asks me for me email address and my password....
  3. Trying to reset the password on a computer I don't know the password on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset the password on a computer I don't know the password on: Hello everyone, So I'm trying to reset the password on a Windows 10 computer that I don't know the password on. What I've tried todo is to get a installation media and try to replace the utilman.exe I think that's what its called To the cmd. The only problem is that all the...
  4. how u make a reset password disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how u make a reset password disk: how u make a reset password disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-u-make-a-reset-password-disk/9b6f3f15-cc87-4b00-91c1-5f45282b5cb0
  5. Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password: I'm on Windows 10 version 1903. I have PIN entry enabled. However, I've found that after a recent update (or might have been further back), if I initially make a mistake entering my PIN when coming out of Sleep mode, Windows does not prompt me to retry. Instead I get some...
  6. Reset Child's account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  7. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  8. unrequested code to reset password message

unrequested code to reset password message: I keep getting an e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password. I have never requested one. The address I am receiving it from is legit: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I checked my login activity from the last couple of months and the weirdest...
  9. Old Admin locked down pc, lost password cannot reset

Old Admin locked down pc, lost password cannot reset: Is there a way to reset an admin password without any admin privileges on a remote pc as everything is virtually locked down without the password someone else added and lost. Tried all the ideas I had but nothing works...
  10. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity: Hi, I set up my children with Microsoft accounts as family members. They required hotmail accounts to create a profile, but have never used them. My son changed his password and has forgotten it, logged in 3 times incorrectly and is now unable to log into his Microsoft...