Windows 10: Resetting pasword after hackers change recovery emails

Discus and support Resetting pasword after hackers change recovery emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Helping my 93yo mother. Her MS account was hacked and fraudulent transactions were made on her linked credit card. Card is now cancelled. Need to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stevo1_478, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Resetting pasword after hackers change recovery emails

Helping my 93yo mother. Her MS account was hacked and fraudulent transactions were made on her linked credit card. Card is now cancelled. Need to update the financial details and make the account secure again, but the hackers changed the recovery email addresses to 2 Russian addresses, she is Australia and the password was also changed. Tried to change the password using the recovery process but get an automated reply from Microsoft saying that because 2 step verification is activated, the request will be ignored. Of course she can't use the 2 step verification process because she doesn't own either of the false recovery email addresses. And she can't get access to some of the support mechanisms because she can't login to MS without a password. I have been trying for days to find a different process but just keep going around in circles. All ideas welcome!

:)

Stevo1_478, Feb 6, 2020

2. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

it seems to be rife at the moment, had my email account hacked earlier in the week, luckily MS froze it and let me reset the p/w.

My steam reset also goes to that account, but luckily, no steam reset email was issued. I changed that p/w too to be safe.

bad news to hear though.

2DividedbyZero, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Resetting pasword after hackers change recovery emails

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

Alright?

What do you mean your live is on a yahoo? You access your live email from a yahoo account?

live doesn't ask for anything when you rest your pass other than the old pass.

AphexDreamer, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Resetting pasword after hackers change recovery emails

1. Resetting pasword after hackers change recovery emails - Similar Threads - Resetting pasword hackers

2. Account got hacked and hacker changed the Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account got hacked and hacker changed the Email: Hello,My Microsoft Account got hacked a few days ago. The hacker also hacked my other email that was linked to the account to confirm he wanted to change the Microsoft password and Email, the Email is now a ...@rambler.ru one, I was able to find out the whole new email adress...
  3. Account got hacked and hacker changed the Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account got hacked and hacker changed the Email: Hello,My Microsoft Account got hacked a few days ago. The hacker also hacked my other email that was linked to the account to confirm he wanted to change the Microsoft password and Email, the Email is now a ...@rambler.ru one, I was able to find out the whole new email adress...
  4. Report email hacker

Report email hacker: Some body is hacking my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/report-email-hacker/938b8381-94b7-4ca9-bc5a-4f7d38fb3dcb
  5. Email compromised, hackers are cancelling email change requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email compromised, hackers are cancelling email change requests: Hello my friend's microsoft account has been compromised by a chinese minecraft account reselling service under the name of McBaozi, because the email was under it's domain. It's opperating in Wenzhou, China. Because it said that when we went on the site with a proxy and...
  6. Email compromised, hackers are cancelling email change requests

Email compromised, hackers are cancelling email change requests: Hello my friend's microsoft account has been compromised by a chinese minecraft account reselling service under the name of McBaozi, because the email was under it's domain. It's opperating in Wenzhou, China. Because it said that when we went on the site with a proxy and...
  7. I've Been Hacked and the Hackers changed the email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've Been Hacked and the Hackers changed the email: Hey, I've been hacked and they've changed the email and can't recover it so I need support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-hacked-and-the-hackers-changed-the-email/a6fcbd0f-247b-4ea4-af14-caf92a433c3f
  8. I've Been Hacked and the Hackers changed the email

I've Been Hacked and the Hackers changed the email: Hey, I've been hacked and they've changed the email and can't recover it so I need support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-hacked-and-the-hackers-changed-the-email/a6fcbd0f-247b-4ea4-af14-caf92a433c3f
  9. I've Been Hacked and the Hackers changed the email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. hacker that changed my recovery email address so I can not recover passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    hacker that changed my recovery email address so I can not recover passwords: how to recover from an hacker that changed a signin id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hacker-that-changed-my-recovery-email-address-so-i/615819f0-8fb8-475c-92fb-074a8d4bb4b6