Windows 10: Resetting PC and Changing OS location

Discus and support Resetting PC and Changing OS location in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI there, So my intention is to do a full reset of my PC in addition to adding an SSD to my rig and re-install my OS to that instead of the HDD for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HealPleaseHeal, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Resetting PC and Changing OS location

HI there,

So my intention is to do a full reset of my PC in addition to adding an SSD to my rig and re-install my OS to that instead of the HDD for better performance.

I've already backed up my OS to a USB and can boot from it if required. I will attach my SSD to the new rig, but my question is when it comes to identifying the new SSD. Do I have to install it, run the Disk Manager to allocate the space and then do a factory reset, or can I just do a factory reset and the PC will identify the new SSD in the system where I can install the OS to it? I haven't seen much in the way of Resetting the PC plus moving the OS to another harddrive.

I would rather not have to go through all this downloading of a 3rd party software for this one thing. So just wanted to get some thoughts on the matter.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

HealPleaseHeal, Jul 7, 2020

2. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 7, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Resetting PC and Changing OS location

Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PC and Changing OS location

1. Resetting PC and Changing OS location - Similar Threads - Resetting Changing location

2. Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location: My computer has been slowing down recently because so many things are getting written to my C: drive. When I built my computer I started with a 2TB HDD and that's what my OS is currently on, since then I've added a 8TB HDD then a 2TB SSD. I'm looking to do a clean reinstall...
  3. Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location: My computer has been slowing down recently because so many things are getting written to my C: drive. When I built my computer I started with a 2TB HDD and that's what my OS is currently on, since then I've added a 8TB HDD then a 2TB SSD. I'm looking to do a clean reinstall...
  4. Changing os location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing os location: Hello. My PC has one SATA hdd and two NVMe ssd's, My os win 11 is currently downloaded and running on the hdd, but i would like to change it to one of the ssd's for faster boot etc. I still have the usb stick i downloaded windows with for the first time, but that was win 10...
  5. Changing os location

Changing os location: Hello. My PC has one SATA hdd and two NVMe ssd's, My os win 11 is currently downloaded and running on the hdd, but i would like to change it to one of the ssd's for faster boot etc. I still have the usb stick i downloaded windows with for the first time, but that was win 10...
  6. How to reset desktop PC location?

How to reset desktop PC location?: A few months ago I moved an hour and a half away. I brought my PC and my cable modem with me, same ISP. I have followed all suggestions about Google Maps, the Maps app in Windows, cleared the location history etc, but no matter what, Windows/Google/any site I go to, getting...
  7. How to reset desktop PC location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset desktop PC location?: A few months ago I moved an hour and a half away. I brought my PC and my cable modem with me, same ISP. I have followed all suggestions about Google Maps, the Maps app in Windows, cleared the location history etc, but no matter what, Windows/Google/any site I go to, getting...
  8. changing saved location on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing saved location on pc: Just build a new pc so i installed my old 4tb hdd on my new pc and now that im trying to changed the saved files on windows 10 i get the error 0x80070005, im trying to change this so i can save all my games in my 4tb hdd and by the way old files of games are in there aswell....
  9. location keeps changing on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    location keeps changing on my pc: i have set and reset my location on my pc using my address and zip code. Everytime i attempt to lets say shop on my computer, it get the wrong zip code automatically for shipping. this happens constantly. even after i supposedly reset the location and set it as the default. i...
  10. Change PC Settings Based on Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PC Settings Based on Location: I'm curious if it is possible to change Windows settings based on my laptop's location. What I would like is a few settings (GPOs) to change based on whether I am at home vs anywhere else. I'm guessing that detecting the wireless/wired network I'm connected to, or looking...