Windows 10: Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Discus and support Resetting PC and cleaning drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Resetting stuck at 99 % for last 12 hours. What to do know? What if I switch off and switch on? Do I get PC restored to the position I restarTed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GhanshyamDaga, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Resetting stuck at 99 % for last 12 hours. What to do know? What if I switch off and switch on? Do I get PC restored to the position I restarTed resetting?

:)

GhanshyamDaga, Oct 26, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Abhishek362, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Resetting PC and cleaning drive

1. Resetting PC and cleaning drive - Similar Threads - Resetting cleaning drive

2. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  3. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  4. Manual Clean vs Resetting PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manual Clean vs Resetting PC?: Hello. So, I have a Dell Windows 10 (AMD a6) laptop which I've had ever since 2015. Despite all the junk on it (drawing programs, games, recording software, editing software, you name it) it still runs fairly well. That is, fairly well all things considered. I can have...
  5. Will reset just clean system drive c?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reset just clean system drive c?: Will my other drives like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reset-just-clean-system-drive-c/d53f46c3-b2b3-474d-acbc-97e5dfd4c13f
  6. Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc

Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc: Hi, actually my PC has been infected with I don't know some kind virus and whenever I click on a file it just gets deleted. So, then I just decided to reset my PC to clean everything in it. Although I have three drives on my PC C, D and F named but when I went to the settings...
  7. Reset & Drive Clean Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset & Drive Clean Failed: After being stuck in the restart failed loop, I managed to restore my laptop to a previous date, back up files and reset the laptop which failed. After seeking further advice I decided to do a complete drive clean up however this has also failed....
  8. Reset this pc: fully clean drive. It wipes free space too?

Reset this pc: fully clean drive. It wipes free space too?: Hello again Does the feature on Windows 10 "Reset this PC" option Remove everything-fully clean the drive ALSO overwrites FREE SPACE? I manually formated the disk and everything was gone but a format doesn't overwrites anything. So the fully clean drive from reset it will...
  9. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed): Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pccleaning-the-drive-where-windows-is/b634be9c-63bc-4b84-9f5a-72669e591573
  10. Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?: I had reset windows 10 with the clean drive option, and in short something happened and I ended up with a machine with no OS, so I'm getting a burned copy of a win7 install disc, my question is I was looking online and saw someone say if the original partition that had your...