Windows 10: Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password

Discus and support Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How Can I stop people from resetting the laptop without my password . My friends many times took my laptop and as they didnt know the password the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Uday Kiran Padhy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password

How Can I stop people from resetting the laptop without my password . My friends many times took my laptop and as they didnt know the password the reset the PC from System Recovery Option from boot OR Enter a Windows Disk and re-install the windows and access all the files from other drivers , How can I stop anyone to entering my PC without my Password .

:)

Uday Kiran Padhy, Oct 27, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 27, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password

1. Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password - Similar Threads - Resetting Don't Password

2. This Microsoft updates are killing people who lost their passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    This Microsoft updates are killing people who lost their passwords: Hello Community,.Recent updates made lots of things to Windows 10, I'm using a 10 home PC, now i used to sign in with fingerprint and its ask for PIN too? Why fingerprint sign-in isn't sufficient? Second, in case if you forgot password and PIN, meaning you are doomed, why,...
  3. My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc is "locked" and I don't know password: My PC is "locked" and I don't know pass word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-locked-and-i-dont-know-password/176c86b4-896d-4ab0-89bb-279bea2ce4a3
  4. My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc is "locked" and I don't know password: My PC is "locked" and I don't know password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-locked-and-i-dont-know-password/e9a45bb9-2710-45a9-8aef-1dc93298dd31
  5. Trying to reset the password on a computer I don't know the password on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset the password on a computer I don't know the password on: Hello everyone, So I'm trying to reset the password on a Windows 10 computer that I don't know the password on. What I've tried todo is to get a installation media and try to replace the utilman.exe I think that's what its called To the cmd. The only problem is that all the...
  6. for all those people out there who think they know about activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    for all those people out there who think they know about activation: digital keys are of the microsoft basis not on your computer there is only a trce element on your machine using third party software to activate a machine will only allow 128 days of activation but in the future microsoft may just extend the use of the digital license the...
  7. PC Login, don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Login, don't know password: I was troubleshooting some false positive flags with my antivirus provider. They had me download and run a removal program. I ran said program and my PC restarted instantly, during the restart it stated unable to save changes, please do not turn off your pc (or something to...
  8. Need 2 factory reset,Don't know administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need 2 factory reset,Don't know administrator password: Hello I've been having some issues with logging in for weeks because I don't know the password To My laptop,It's a Republic of gamers gl753ve laptop,I've tried going into safe mode by pressing shift and restart and tried doing a command prompt "rstrui.exe" but that doesn't do...
  9. i don't know how to reset my pc

i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3
  10. i don't know how to reset my pc

i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3