Windows 10: Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key.

Discus and support Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, so I recently reset my Alienware17R4 and I was playing fortnite and every time I launched it and it said there was an error, and I found out it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SocialExpirement, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key.

Hello, so I recently reset my Alienware17R4 and I was playing fortnite and every time I launched it and it said there was an error, and I found out it was about my activation key. I lost my activation key and I looked on google to find it back, they said it was on a sticker behind my laptop, but when I checked I couldn't find it or I couldn't just find it. But I need help because I want to play some other games and everything but it wouldn't just work.

:)

SocialExpirement, Oct 3, 2018

2. On resetting the PC, will I lose the license key on Windows 10?

Hello Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You will not lose the license/product key after resetting the system if the Windows version installed earlier is activated and genuine. The license key for Windows 10 would have been activated already on the mother board if the previous version installed
    on the PC is of activated and genuine copy.

If you have problems with your PC, you can reset it. Resetting will re-install Windows but deletes your files, settings, and apps except for those apps that came with your PC.

Refer to Resetting your PC section from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Select Keep my files
    option when resetting the PC and also we recommend you to
    take backup of all your files and folders.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

Thank you @NavyLCDR, I tried your suggestions but still have the same issue.
    @Superfly, My main issue is the fact that sppsvc.exe won't start and throws the Error 5 (Access Denied). I tried changing permissions, taking ownership etc. but still have the same issue.

I guess my next step is another restore :-(. I assume you mean a fresh install because the original issue was caused after I clicked "Reset this PC" option in system settings?

the5krunner, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key.

1. Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key. - Similar Threads - Resetting causes lose

2. i lose my windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i lose my windows activation key: can you please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lose-my-windows-activation-key/f376b08e-7337-422b-a52c-c8378dd44b25
  3. i lose my windows activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i lose my windows activation key: can you please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lose-my-windows-activation-key/f376b08e-7337-422b-a52c-c8378dd44b25
  4. Will I lose my activation after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose my activation after reset?: Hello, I recently brought an ASUS laptop. Then I turned on the GPU Ultimate mode overclocking ig but as soon as I turned it on and restarted the laptop I started to get the "debug menu". Can I reset my laptop using an bootable USB and not lose my windows activation?The image...
  5. Will I lose my activation after reset?

Will I lose my activation after reset?: Hello, I recently brought an ASUS laptop. Then I turned on the GPU Ultimate mode overclocking ig but as soon as I turned it on and restarted the laptop I started to get the "debug menu". Can I reset my laptop using an bootable USB and not lose my windows activation?The image...
  6. Can I reset my pc without losing activation count on volume_mak key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reset my pc without losing activation count on volume_mak key: Hi,I currently have MAK key for window 11 pro from my friends. I know that MAK key only active for certain a mount of times. My question is that if I reset my pc for some reasons, does that count as 1 activation and I will lose the MAK key eventually when I reset my pc to...
  7. Can I reset my pc without losing activation count on volume_mak key

Can I reset my pc without losing activation count on volume_mak key: Hi,I currently have MAK key for window 11 pro from my friends. I know that MAK key only active for certain a mount of times. My question is that if I reset my pc for some reasons, does that count as 1 activation and I will lose the MAK key eventually when I reset my pc to...
  8. Lose my activation after reset my PC via winRe/Cloud.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lose my activation after reset my PC via winRe/Cloud.: Recently my PC crashed while i was saving a blender file, after restart my pc i encouter BSOD, trying different methods on this page https://windowsreport.com/corrupted-system-files-windows-10/ the only solution left was to reset my pc. But after reset my activation is gone,...
  9. Lose my activation after reset my PC via winRe/Cloud.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lose my activation after reset my PC via winRe/Cloud.: Recently my PC crashed while i was saving a blender file, after restart my pc i encouter BSOD, trying different methods on this page https://windowsreport.com/corrupted-system-files-windows-10/ the only solution left was to reset my pc. But after reset my activation is gone,...
  10. Will a Windows refresh/reset cause me to lose my current product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a Windows refresh/reset cause me to lose my current product key?: Hi,So I have wanted to reset my laptop, preferably doing the option of keeping personal files while removing apps and reinstalling windows. My main concern is that I changed my laptop's product key to have my OS be Windows 10 Education due to being a student and needing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is reseting windows will make me lose my liscence