Windows 10: Resetting PC doesnt work

Discus and support Resetting PC doesnt work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So im trying to factory reset an older alienware gaming computer, I go through all the right settings and when I initiate the reset, it says its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaffaeleClemente, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Resetting PC doesnt work

So im trying to factory reset an older alienware gaming computer, I go through all the right settings and when I initiate the reset, it says its restarting, then the screen goes away and doesnt come back, even though the pc is on, I force shut it down and turned it back on and it acts like nothing ever happened, so i thought maybe its just going to take a bit, tried resetting again, but it did it again and hasnt come back on after hours, so i think its something else, please help

:)

RaffaeleClemente, Jun 5, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 5, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    microsoft windows store doesnt work properly

We suggest resetting your Windows store to help with your issue. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Type Settings on Cortana search box then press Enter.
    • Click on Apps.
    • On the Search this list box, type in Store.
    • Click on Store then click on Advance options.
    • Click on Reset.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jun 5, 2020
  4. John Zab Win User

Resetting PC doesnt work

Resetting my PC doesn't work

HI Benjamin,

To further isolate the issue regarding with resetting your PC, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried already?
    • Was there a specific error message?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PC doesnt work

1. Resetting PC doesnt work - Similar Threads - Resetting doesnt

2. Windows 10 doesnt show anything after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesnt show anything after system reset: So recently i got an blue screen error saying "Windows didnt load properly" and i tried to reset my system to new install but after doing it my system doesnt even show me any trobleshoot options, my laptop works but the screen doesnt show anything....
  3. Windows 10 doesnt show anything after system reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesnt show anything after system reset: So recently i got an blue screen error saying "Windows didnt load properly" and i tried to reset my system to new install but after doing it my system doesnt even show me any trobleshoot options, my laptop works but the screen doesnt show anything....
  4. Windows 10 doesnt show anything after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resetting PC - But want to keep files on my HDD that doesnt have my windows install on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC - But want to keep files on my HDD that doesnt have my windows install on it.: Hi, I have installed some new parts and have been using my pc for many years now so feel it has become bloated with redundant drivers downloads apps etc, so i would like to reset or reinstall windows.A little background regarding the specs, i have a 256gb SSD which currently...
  6. Resetting PC - But want to keep files on my HDD that doesnt have my windows install on it.

Resetting PC - But want to keep files on my HDD that doesnt have my windows install on it.: Hi, I have installed some new parts and have been using my pc for many years now so feel it has become bloated with redundant drivers downloads apps etc, so i would like to reset or reinstall windows.A little background regarding the specs, i have a 256gb SSD which currently...
  7. Resetting PC - But want to keep files on my HDD that doesnt have my windows install on it.

8. My school laptop doesnt allow me to reset my pc i dont know much methods could someone tell...

My school laptop doesnt allow me to reset my pc i dont know much methods could someone tell...: Anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-school-laptop-doesnt-allow-me-to-reset-my-pc-i/46e7cfb9-bde8-4bd6-8971-521ac82796b4
  9. My school laptop doesnt allow me to reset my pc i dont know much methods could someone tell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My school laptop doesnt allow me to reset my pc i dont know much methods could someone tell...: Anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-school-laptop-doesnt-allow-me-to-reset-my-pc-i/46e7cfb9-bde8-4bd6-8971-521ac82796b4
  10. My school laptop doesnt allow me to reset my pc i dont know much methods could someone tell...