Windows 10: Resetting PC fails at 55%

Discus and support Resetting PC fails at 55% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently accidentally installed a virus on my computer, and while I was able to get rid of it, and fix some problems, there are some problems that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LamWarp, Apr 7, 2020.

1. LamWarp Win User

Resetting PC fails at 55%

I recently accidentally installed a virus on my computer, and while I was able to get rid of it, and fix some problems, there are some problems that I can't fix. So I thought I would just reset my computer while keeping all my files. When I click reset my PC, it starts the process, and then the loading screen saying 'resetting this pc X%' shows up, which is normal. Then when it gets to 55%, it fails and goes into recovery mode. In recovery mode, clicking 'turn of my PC' and turning it on again just boots into windows as it did before.

I don't know why it fails at 55% and I know that it happens to a lot of people all the time. I've done 'sfc /scannow' prior to resetting, and it said nothing was wrong. Is there any way that I can fix it failing a 55% percent?

:)

LamWarp, Apr 7, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Resetting PC fails at 55% - Similar Threads - Resetting fails 55%

2. PC failing to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC failing to reset: Hi there,I'm having some issues with my pc in which it just won't factory reset. I've had the pc for around 2 maybe 3 years now and I have moved all my precious and important files off onto my newer, faster pc and want to reset my old one so it's completely clean and fresh. I...
  3. PC failing to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC failing to reset: Hi there,I'm having some issues with my pc in which it just won't factory reset. I've had the pc for around 2 maybe 3 years now and I have moved all my precious and important files off onto my newer, faster pc and want to reset my old one so it's completely clean and fresh. I...
  4. PC failing to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Resetting PC fails with errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting PC fails with errors: I've been trying to reset my PC for a fresh start but resetting while keeping files fails. I tried resetting while deleting everything, that also fails. Then it boots into windows just like it normally does. In my C: drive, I found a hidden folder called '$SysReset', and in...
  6. PC keeps failing to reset

PC keeps failing to reset: To improve the performance of my Dell XPS which came pre-installed with Windows, I am trying to reset the PC while still keeping all of my personal files. However, every time I have tried this, the reset fails about 54% of the way through. The block of text below is the error...
  7. Failed to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed to reset my PC: I’ve tried to reset my computer with may different tips, but it always stops at 57% and the Troubleshoot menu pops up. After attempting to restart, the reset will fail and a popup says, “There was a problem resetting your PC.” Any help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  8. Failed "Reset This PC"

Failed "Reset This PC": did not create a recovery drive and performed "Reset this PC and clean everything" procedure progressed but did not reinstall windows 10, was left with black screen and only showing mouse pointer. Now what do I do ???????????????...
  9. Reset this pc failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset this pc failed: Just now i tried resetting my pc to the version when i first bought this pc, but when i did so it said "Could not find the recovery environment, Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your pc with this media." I never encountered with such problem...
  10. Error 55

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 55: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 16-3-01 Tue 9:12:49 AM Event ID: 55 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QB0L353 Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume ??. The exact nature of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system reset 55%