Windows 10: Resetting PC Not Working

Discus and support Resetting PC Not Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I let my little brother age 8 play Minecraft on my computer and when i came back i found him downloading something or signing up to win a free phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Klydzz, Mar 26, 2020.

1. /u/Klydzz Win User

Resetting PC Not Working

So I let my little brother age 8 play Minecraft on my computer and when i came back i found him downloading something or signing up to win a free phone (Obviously a virus) but i was too late and he already did something. So the day later i hopped back on and got a notification from something that something has expired and i knew it was a virus so i did a diagnostic using the scan for virus from windows settings and they found nothing... so i had to be sure and i tried to factory reset my pc but half way through, it yeeted on me and said that no changed were made as it failed. I have spent several hours or maybe days looking for a solution and nothing has worked yet. I have looked tru youtube and google looking for a solution. This is maybe my last hope of finding a solution otherwise imma just give up or buy a whole new drive and new windows10 or a whole new pc. My little brother has his own computer but it cant play Minecraft as its a shit pc so he used mine and he knows how to do stuff but i dont know what kind of stuff, all i see him doing is coding something or making a map in Roblox or something (ik its surprising for a 8yrold doing coding etc but he was given ipads, phones etc when he was little and he goes on youtube alot so yeah). I tried to reset my pc multiple times but has all said the same thing. Please help‍♂️‍♂️

submitted by /u/Klydzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Klydzz, Mar 26, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 26, 2020
  4. John Zab Win User

Resetting PC Not Working

Resetting my PC doesn't work

HI Benjamin,

To further isolate the issue regarding with resetting your PC, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried already?
    • Was there a specific error message?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PC Not Working

1. Resetting PC Not Working - Similar Threads - Resetting Working

2. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  6. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  7. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...: Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and fails everytime when i try.I really need urgent help with this as i am at my wits end and cannot find a straight answer to this.A few days ago, i was looking through my files, when for...
  8. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...: Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and fails everytime when i try.I really need urgent help with this as i am at my wits end and cannot find a straight answer to this.A few days ago, i was looking through my files, when for...
  9. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...