Windows 10: Resetting PC question for gaming

Discus and support Resetting PC question for gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have Minecraft for Windows 10. I have NO space on my computer. I'm considering resetting my entire PC for more storage. But my real question is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jennah BeGole, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Resetting PC question for gaming

Hi, I have Minecraft for Windows 10. I have NO space on my computer. I'm considering resetting my entire PC for more storage. But my real question is, since I payed $30 for Minecraft, will I be able to get it back for free through the account I bought it with? I feel like I would've wasted my money if I cant get it back for free :

:)

Jennah BeGole, Apr 28, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 28, 2020
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

Resetting PC question for gaming

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PC question for gaming

1. Resetting PC question for gaming - Similar Threads - Resetting question gaming

2. "Reset this PC" Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset this PC" Question: Hello,Due to issues with my PC, I am considering resetting my Windows 11 installation.However, I'm not 100% sure what the reset will and won't touch.Specifically, what does it mean when it says "Remove all apps and programs"? Does that mean anything installed through the...
  3. "Reset this PC" Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Reset this PC" Question: Hello,Due to issues with my PC, I am considering resetting my Windows 11 installation.However, I'm not 100% sure what the reset will and won't touch.Specifically, what does it mean when it says "Remove all apps and programs"? Does that mean anything installed through the...
  4. Reset my pc question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset my pc question: So i reset my pc and removed everything but for some reason i had the latest gpu drivers already installed, I checked device manager and saw that my gpu driver was at the latest driver? Is this normal? I have the rtx 2070 super...
  5. Reseting pc question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reseting pc question: Hi there accidentally i deleted some drivers from the system on my laptop so,when i open or when i restart the pc i get error like “windowsapps/microsoft.gamingapp_1912.1001.8.0_x64” something so i am thinking to do reset,so my question is if i reset my pc everything its...
  6. Noob question re resetting PC

Noob question re resetting PC: Hi, so basically I've got an issue that I've been trying to fix for hours and can't be bothered with anymore, so I'm gonna reset my PC (laptop). I don't really care if I lose my personal files, as I've only had it for a few days anyway. All I want to know is, will resetting...
  7. Resetting Question

Resetting Question: So I am resetting my laptop (keeping my files option) So after 4 hours nothing just power button light goes on and off (maybe restarting over and over ) I had about 600 GB of data in D Drive which I wanted to keep. So what's the problem here ? Why is it taking so long?...
  8. Reset Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset Question: Hello, I am trying to reset my laptop, and it has been stuck in the "Preparing to reset" process for hours now. It's been stuck at 1% the whole time. Is there anything I can do to make this process faster?...
  9. Some questions about reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some questions about reset my pc.: Im havent problems with my computer and im thinking about resetting it and choose the keep my files option.what exactly will this remove?if i have a game in my computer,will it remove it?pls be specific when answering this because i dont know much about computers. 34824
  10. Question on "Reset this PC" option.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question on "Reset this PC" option.: If I use the "Reset this PC" option, will it create a clean registry or will it contain old leftover data? I will use the remove all file/data option. 104987