Windows 10: Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

Discus and support Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i encountered an registry error in my pc and i tried to startup repair open cmd but it requires password, but the password i provided is correct but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AoiAkagi, Oct 28, 2020.

1. AoiAkagi Win User

Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

So i encountered an registry error in my pc and i tried to startup repair open cmd but it requires password, but the password i provided is correct but it says error so i have no options but to reset pc. So does the option Reset Everything -> keep my files, does it remove and reset the registry to a fresh new?

:)

AoiAkagi, Oct 28, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

1. Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files - Similar Threads - Resetting Reset Everything

2. Reset my PC + remove everything stuck at Dell Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC + remove everything stuck at Dell Logo: Hi,I am trying to reset my PC to factory settings i.e. removing everything and it was going okay until 77% which took 4 hrs but when I checked back again after 30 mins all I can see is a Dell Logo and it is stuck at the point for almost 4 hrs. Should I wait or turn off the...
  3. Reset my PC + remove everything stuck at Dell Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset my PC + remove everything stuck at Dell Logo: Hi,I am trying to reset my PC to factory settings i.e. removing everything and it was going okay until 77% which took 4 hrs but when I checked back again after 30 mins all I can see is a Dell Logo and it is stuck at the point for almost 4 hrs. Should I wait or turn off the...
  4. Reset my PC + remove everything stuck at Dell Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will Reset This PC > Remove Everything remove my windows version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Reset This PC > Remove Everything remove my windows version?: Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in the title,I've had my PC for a while and It's quite unorganized and messy, so I'm going to factory reset it and have a fresh start.When I originally purchased my PC, I bought Windows 10 Pro and then upon the release of Windows 11,...
  6. Will Reset This PC > Remove Everything remove my windows version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Reset This PC > Remove Everything remove my windows version?: Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in the title,I've had my PC for a while and It's quite unorganized and messy, so I'm going to factory reset it and have a fresh start.When I originally purchased my PC, I bought Windows 10 Pro and then upon the release of Windows 11,...
  7. Forced reset with remove everything

Forced reset with remove everything: Hi, This is my company's laptop. After logged in to the company domain, routinely open Outlook, Teams etc to start work, in about 5 minutes later a pop-up window of Azure asking for the code that was sent to my mobile. As per normal I entered the key, then suddenly the...
  8. Reset this PC & Remove Everything - How secure is it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset this PC & Remove Everything - How secure is it?: I just bought a new laptop that will replace my old one that I want to either sell or donate. But I want to wipe all the data on my old laptop's SSD first. If I just use the Windows 10 feature to "Rest this PC" and pick the "remove everything" option, will that be enough to...
  9. Tried everything to reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tried everything to reset my pc.: So i have tried just about everything to reset my pc my computer has so many dumb files on it that i just wanted to wipe it clean. i tried doing the “Reset this PC” option but it told me that their was a problem reseting this pc no changes were made then i tried a clean...
  10. Reset and remove everything

Reset and remove everything: Hello my friends. I reset windows 10 and chose remove everything yesterday. And i have a question.has All virus and connection history of my pc been deleted?...