Windows 10: Resetting PC stuck

Discus and support Resetting PC stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I decided to try wiping my computer as I had it since 2017 and haven't cleaned my storage all too well so I decided to try to do a full wipe. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilfredWarfcat, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Resetting PC stuck

So I decided to try wiping my computer as I had it since 2017 and haven't cleaned my storage all too well so I decided to try to do a full wipe. I started the Reset and after a while I go check it and its stuck on 49%. Im not sure what to do.

:)

WilfredWarfcat, Feb 20, 2021

2. Reset This PC stuck on 8%

Hello Matthew,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Reset stuck at certain percentage. We will certainly help you.

Can you let us know why exactly are you trying to perform Reset of Pc?

As you system is stuck, we suggest you to hard reboot and then try performing reset again and check if the same issue occurs. If the same issue persists, then we suggest you to perform reset using Installation disk.

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Installation Media tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Reset of PC:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Reset this PC”.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

Hi Emmarienelle,

Resetting Windows 10 is an ideal solution for users to fix system problems or software compatibility issues. However, things might get complicated when your PC gets stuck or freeze while resetting. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Fix Windows 10 fail to reset issue by hard booting PC and performing a clean reset:

• Press power key for 8-10 seconds to start a hard boot. Do this for three to four times.
    • Enter Windows 10 Automatic repair options.
    • Try a clean reset from the Automatic repair options.

• Download Windows 10 ISO file and perform a clean install in your PC.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Resetting PC stuck

Win 10 resetting this pc stuck at 8%

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• How are you trying to reset the pc?

• Have you backed up your data?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing in Windows 10?

As it has been stuck for a long time, suggest you to press and hold the power button to shut down the pc completely.

If you want to reset your pc, suggest you to refer to the section “Reset your PC” from this article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Resetting PC stuck

1. Resetting PC stuck - Similar Threads - Resetting stuck

2. PC resetting stuck at 61%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC resetting stuck at 61%: My laptop is in middle of resetting and its stuck at 61% for past 2 hours. Kindly advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-resetting-stuck-at-61/22e77488-df61-4548-811b-b8f22394a0ae
  3. PC resetting stuck at 61%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC resetting stuck at 61%: My laptop is in middle of resetting and its stuck at 61% for past 2 hours. Kindly advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-resetting-stuck-at-61/22e77488-df61-4548-811b-b8f22394a0ae
  4. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”: So I’m trying to factory reset my Windows 10 PC and when I select “install windows locally” it gets stuck on the second “getting things ready” screen. When I select “install windows through the cloud” it gets stuck at 1% completion on “resetting your pc”....
  5. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”: So I’m trying to factory reset my Windows 10 PC and when I select “install windows locally” it gets stuck on the second “getting things ready” screen. When I select “install windows through the cloud” it gets stuck at 1% completion on “resetting your pc”....
  6. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  8. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  9. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My dell optiplex 3010 will not boot it was stuck on 26 during a factory reset and we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell optiplex 3010 will not boot it was stuck on 26 during a factory reset and we...: HELP help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-optiplex-3010-will-not-boot-it-was-stuck/806617c4-037a-432b-b6a1-5adacf653baf