Windows 10: resetting pc...

Discus and support resetting pc... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so I reset my pc. so after its done and on restarting, its setting up a new account. wants me to enter a phone, email or skype??? I may sell or give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ale64, Jun 14, 2021.

1. ale64 Win User

resetting pc...

so I reset my pc. so after its done and on restarting, its setting up a new account. wants me to enter a phone, email or skype??? I may sell or give this pc away so I dont want to enter any personal info. so how do I proceed and get past this screen? thanks. sorry for the large text I'm having vision issues.. .

:)

ale64, Jun 14, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Ikaruga Win User

resetting pc...

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

resetting pc...

1. resetting pc... - Similar Threads - resetting

2. updates kaput! recovery kaput! reset kaput! fresh install kaput!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates kaput! recovery kaput! reset kaput! fresh install kaput!: Good day community,can anyone help ?Microsoft support in Lagos I'm in Uk so that's where we are directed certainly cannot , 6 attempts all failedMicrosoft support in the US don't seem able to either , 3 different advisors on the same day all failed.In a nutshell, although...
  3. How to reset Mouse settings to default in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Mouse settings to default in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It’s not an uncommon incident for your computer’s mouse to behave unnaturally. You may observe it to not pick up on your commands, or to do so but in a delayed fashion. While this may not seem like an issue on paper, having a dysfunctional mouse can hamper your work...
  4. Can't sign into Yahoo email after resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't sign into Yahoo email after resetting laptop: Had read it was suggested to try using FireFox browser and that also will not install, what must I change in the setting to allow me into my Yahoo mail, this is very frustrating, been at my computer for hours attempting to resolve, never had experienced this problem in the...
  5. Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen: While trying to fix some network problems I hit “Rest Network” which then prompted that my PC will restart in 5 min. I though that meant that I could already restart now. I restarted my PC and now I can’t click on the Windows tab, any Windows programs don’t open, Windows key...
  6. How can i restore my Microsoft Store after i reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i restore my Microsoft Store after i reset it?: I resetted my microsoft store because i was trying something out. Now i cant download anything and I have tried methods from Youtube and Google like using the powershell app etc. Please help....
  7. Microsoft Store gone after resetting my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store gone after resetting my computer.: I tried to restore my computer to a restore point which I've done before but an error occurred and it told me I have to reset my computer. I reset it with the keep files option. But now the Microsoft Store is gone. It's not on my computer at all. I've tried a bunch of...
  8. I can't reset my system

I can't reset my system: I have tried resetting my system after I update my window 10 home. A whole lot of things have happened since I did that. The max processor speed has been reduced, my system is way slower than I used to, some apps are going bunkers without warning. I have tried resetting it...
  9. My pc wont reset nor system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc wont reset nor system restore: Hello Maam/SirI have a problem with my windows 10.when i boot up my pc, suddenly i cant click the windows icon/network icon with my mouse. I thought this was weird then when i try to restart, it happened again and i cant fix it. i tried everything including restarting my pc,...
  10. Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop

Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop: I have done a reset on my HP laptop as I am going to sell it. I don't understand at what point to 'stop' - when the setup questions start - e.g connect to Wifi, Language, Keyboard, etc. At what point do I just switch the laptop off ready for the buyer to set up? (Windows 10)...