Windows 10: Resetting PIN on Windows 10 Issues

Discus and support Resetting PIN on Windows 10 Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting a message at start up in the login screen saying I've tried several times to login with the wrong PIN. Even thought I haven't done a thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnSouthwood, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Resetting PIN on Windows 10 Issues

I am getting a message at start up in the login screen saying I've tried several times to login with the wrong PIN. Even thought I haven't done a thing yet. It also looks like I have two accounts listed in the lower left corner. I can login using my Microsoft password but, why can I no longer use the PIN step instead? Can I reset my PIN?

:)

JohnSouthwood, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Resetting PIN on Windows 10 Issues

Can't add or reset Windows 10 sign in Pin

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with adding or resetting Windows 10 PIN, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using an administrator access?
    • When you say "no change, no remove, no reset in Windows 10 PIN settings", is it greyed out or the option missing (a screenshot is much appreciated)?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Resetting PIN on Windows 10 Issues

1. Resetting PIN on Windows 10 Issues - Similar Threads - Resetting PIN Issues

2. Windows 10 PIN reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PIN reset: Hello everyoneI am having an issue resetting my PIN for logging into my Windows 10 Home Edition PC.I recently had to hit reset PIN because I had forgotten what I had set it to.Whenever I go to put in a new PIN, it always fails and it tells me it just didn't work, again and...
  3. Windows 10 PIN reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PIN reset: Hello everyoneI am having an issue resetting my PIN for logging into my Windows 10 Home Edition PC.I recently had to hit reset PIN because I had forgotten what I had set it to.Whenever I go to put in a new PIN, it always fails and it tells me it just didn't work, again and...
  4. Windows 10 PIN reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issues with resetting Pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with resetting Pin.: Upon boot up I am confronted with a message that my pin is no longer available. It does not allow me to choose the password option straight away It then ask me to enter password then a security code which takes me 3-4 times to enter all characters. Then I am told that...
  6. Issues with resetting Pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with resetting Pin.: Upon boot up I am confronted with a message that my pin is no longer available. It does not allow me to choose the password option straight away It then ask me to enter password then a security code which takes me 3-4 times to enter all characters. Then I am told that...
  7. Issues with resetting Pin.

Issues with resetting Pin.: Upon boot up I am confronted with a message that my pin is no longer available. It does not allow me to choose the password option straight away It then ask me to enter password then a security code which me 3-4 times to enter. Then I am told that something went wrong and...
  8. Resetting the PIN on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting the PIN on Windows 10: So I signed into the Microsoft Store with my school account, and then when I restarted my computer, it made me reset my PIN to 6 digits. Now it won't let me change it back and I am VERY lost. Please help...
  9. Reset PIN issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset PIN issues: So, I have a Lenovo brand lapttop with fingerprint scanner. But, since I always use the scaner, I forgot my PIN. It is asking for me to put in my PIN, and I inputed what I remembered it being. It said I was wrong. I tried the other possibility, same thing. It then asked me to...
  10. Windows 10 PIN ISSUES

Windows 10 PIN ISSUES: I JUST OPEN MY PC AND WHEN I TRY TO LOG ITS SAY FOR A F*CKING PIN BUT I DONT HAVE A PIN CAN SOMEONE WITH A DIRECT FIX TELL ME PLEASE? I ALREADY SEARCH FOR ALL THE INTERNET SO I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME WITH NON HELPFUL PEOPLE...