Windows 10: Resetting rules

Discus and support Resetting rules in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I use Outlook 2016 and have four email addresses. Three are pop accounts and all go to a single pst file, while my main email address is a hosted... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rosede, Feb 17, 2021.

1. rosede Win User

Resetting rules

I use Outlook 2016 and have four email addresses. Three are pop accounts and all go to a single pst file, while my main email address is a hosted exchange account.

When I initially set this up a year ago, I imported all of my rules to my exchange account, even rules that effect the three pop addresses. The issue with this is; none of my rules work automatically. I have to manually run the rules whenever I need them run.

When I first did this, I was prompted on where I wanted the rules to run from, the outlook client, or from the server. At the time, it seemed like a good idea to run them from exchange, but now I want them to run from the client, but I can't seem to accomplish that.

I've exported the rules, removed all of them, but when I re-import them, they re-import right back to the exchange server.

Any idea's on how I can reset the rules so they will run from the outlook client instead of exchange server?

Thank you.

Daryl

:)

rosede, Feb 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 17, 2021
  3. lx07 Win User
  4. Aquinus Win User

Resetting rules

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Resetting rules

1. Resetting rules - Similar Threads - Resetting rules

2. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  3. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  4. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  6. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  7. Firewall rules resetting

Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  8. Firewall rules resetting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  9. Firewall rules resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Firewall rules resetting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules resetting: For some reason I'm not able to keep my firewall settings saved. Specifically, apps that I allow through the firewall whether through prompt or control panel reset back to "not allowed.' I think this is happening after each update. It's extremely frustrating as I primarily...