Windows 10: "Resetting This PC" gives access to a newer version of Windows then simply trying to update??

Discus and support "Resetting This PC" gives access to a newer version of Windows then simply trying to update?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently wanted to declutter my PC so I've used the 'reset this pc' function. After all said and done and the Windows updated to the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KariEllien, Feb 23, 2021.

1. "Resetting This PC" gives access to a newer version of Windows then simply trying to update??

I've recently wanted to declutter my PC so I've used the 'reset this pc' function. After all said and done and the Windows updated to the latest version I've noticed several visual and functional changes that weren't there even when my PC was updated to the latest version (I've been checking for Windows update literally every day).

The changes are somewhat small so I can't really point them out but they are noticable. Is this really the case or am I tripping? Last time I've reset my PC was 2 years ago by the way.

submitted by /u/KariEllien
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KariEllien, Feb 23, 2021
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Feb 23, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

"Resetting This PC" gives access to a newer version of Windows then simply trying to update??

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

"Resetting This PC" gives access to a newer version of Windows then simply trying to update??

1. "Resetting This PC" gives access to a newer version of Windows then simply trying to update?? - Similar Threads - Resetting access newer

2. Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version: Hi, my pc won't update further. Sometimes i get tiny updates, but i can never update to a newer version of windows. I have tried everything, but it just says im up to date. Im currently on version 10.0.018362 build 18362 and i have been for a long time. Anyone who knows whats...
  3. Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version: Hi, my pc won't update further. Sometimes i get tiny updates, but i can never update to a newer version of windows. I have tried everything, but it just says im up to date. Im currently on version 10.0.018362 build 18362 and i have been for a long time. Anyone who knows whats...
  4. Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  6. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  7. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

8. updating to a newer version of windows

updating to a newer version of windows: Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts. I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows will soon be too old and will have support withdrawn so I was trying to update my notebook to a newer windows version. No...
  9. updating of newer version of windows 10

updating of newer version of windows 10: will updating the new version of windown 10 from previous version of windows 10 delete date and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-of-newer-version-of-windows-10/43e6901a-8a60-49fa-bf8e-8783afe69537
  10. Minecraft windows 10 not updating to newer versions

Minecraft windows 10 not updating to newer versions: I have researched this topic and found no answers, my Minecraft is in version 1.12.28 as of right now and yet version 1.14 is out and I have tried to update it but it said there was no updates, I restarted computer, no updates, I have checked all my setting nothing wrong and...