Windows 10: Resetting using bootable recovery .. lost power .. no display

Discus and support Resetting using bootable recovery .. lost power .. no display in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing a full system restore on my desktop Hp Omen .. windows 10 ... and lost power now will turn on but just sounds like fans and processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SandyCompton, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Resetting using bootable recovery .. lost power .. no display

I was doing a full system restore on my desktop Hp Omen .. windows 10 ... and lost power now will turn on but just sounds like fans and processor running hard and monitor says no signal

:)

SandyCompton, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Feb 18, 2019
  4. hdjx Win User

Resetting using bootable recovery .. lost power .. no display

Need data recovery help

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Hello,
    I suggest you use EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files.

Download demo version: EaseUS® Download Center - Free Download Data Recovery Software, Todo Backup Software, Partition Manager

You can use "AdvancedRecovery" to scan your corrupted drive. After the scan is complete, the lost file will be displayed in Data Recovery Wizard, you can select them and recover them.
    NOTICE: never install in on the harddisk you want to recover.

Thema:

Resetting using bootable recovery .. lost power .. no display

1. Resetting using bootable recovery .. lost power .. no display - Similar Threads - Resetting using bootable

2. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  3. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  4. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  6. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  7. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Random resets and lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random resets and lost recovery partition: Last year, I had to fix my PC due to a failed power source and used the opportunity to upgrade it new MoBo and CPU as well as migrating the OS to SSD. When I migrated the OS, the recovery partition remained on the old disk, which was now relegated to data storage. Soon after,...
  9. Computer lost power during Reset This PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer lost power during Reset This PC: After that Choose Operating System boot screen appeared with two Windows 10 options after trying both, Reset This PC did not recover I chose Reset This PC from that screen Windows 10 deleted my files...
  10. May i lost my data in recovery by bootable recovery programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    May i lost my data in recovery by bootable recovery programs?: Hi I used CLEAN in DISKPART and i delete all partitions of my only disk. Now i dont have any OS on my laptop and i want recover partition by "Partition Wizard" or "Test Disk" that can boot from CD but i fear that this bootable program overwrite on my only disk to load...