Windows 10: Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password

Discus and support Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used to change my initial sign-on password every month. When I turn on, picture would turn on and space to enter password was there. Now the system... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan DeAngelo, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password

I used to change my initial sign-on password every month. When I turn on, picture would turn on and space to enter password was there. Now the system will not let me change that password. I followed the directions and I have done this for years, but now it will not let me change it. It just directs me to change c my Microsoft account password which as expected does so with no problem, but not my PC password.

:)

Dan DeAngelo, Feb 12, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 12, 2019
  3. 96Rob96 Win User
    windows 10 initial sign-in

windows 10 initial sign-in requires a password. How to disable this password step

96Rob96, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password

1. Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password - Similar Threads - Resetting Win10 initial

2. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  3. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  4. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  5. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  6. Password reset for signing into pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for signing into pc: I have a Microsoft account connected to my machine. However, I have forgotten my password and security questions since I never use them. When I tried to reset the password in the Microsoft web and succeed, the same password should have applied to my machine for signing in....
  7. Sign-in process initialization failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in process initialization failed: sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign in process initialization has failed. It is on a black screen at power up. I have tried to hit ALT & TAB the dialog box closes but immediately comes back somewhere else on the screen. How can I a semi-computer...
  8. Ability to adjust password reset link on the Windows 10 sign-in screen

Ability to adjust password reset link on the Windows 10 sign-in screen: Hello, I work for a college and we are considering using the Okta self-service password reset tool for our employee and student Active Directory accounts, but Okta does not have an agent that can be deployed to allow access to reset passwords from the Windows 10 sign-in...
  9. Sign-in process initialization failure

Sign-in process initialization failure: Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on): Sign-in process initialization failure- Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. (OK box) Facts: -Bought September 24, 2018...
  10. Sign-in initialization fail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in initialization fail: Hey When i try to log in i get error: Sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details. Have already tried startup repair and almost everything i found on internet including...