Windows 10: Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives)

Discus and support Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I've had some serious issues with my ASUS ROG Strix laptop, and it has gotten to the point where it will freeze before I have the chance to sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Schwiizertuutsch, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives)

Hello! I've had some serious issues with my ASUS ROG Strix laptop, and it has gotten to the point where it will freeze before I have the chance to sign in. It often crashes when I do this. I've tried to boot up the computer in safe/recovery mode, but haven't had much luck, with the power button flashing on and off, and the screen will not turn on.

In the event that I am able to access WinRE, I was considering doing a "soft" reset of the PC, where I would instruct it to keep my personal files. To be clear, my SSD is partitioned, and has both a C:// and a D:// drive. My Windows 10 and most of the applications I use frequently are on my C:// drive, but I don't care about having to reinstall those. My concern is for my D:// drive, which contains most of the photos, videos, and other important stuff that I do not want to lose. Unfortunately, I had not backed up my PC recently, and did not have a chance to do so prior to the problems occurring.

If I do choose to pick the "Reset PC" option, and select for the program to keep my personal files, will I be at risk of losing all of the files I have stored on my D:// drive? Or will the reset only affect the files on my C:// drive that aren't under my [Username] folder?

Additionally, if you have any information on how I might be able to get my laptop to properly boot up at all past the stage of the power button blinking on and off, I would really appreciate it. For the meantime, I'm leaving the laptop unplugged and closed. Thanks in advance!

:)

Schwiizertuutsch, Nov 5, 2019
  2. silvanasp Win User

partitioning C: D: drives

Question

• Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives) [​IMG]

Applies to

0 views partitioning c and d drives

SI

asked on

can anyone explain why my d drive has 759 GB

and my c drive 239 GB

is there any logical reason for this type of partitioning?

i back up to G drive - external drive.

What can i do with D drive, how can i utilize this 759 GB of space?

You had this question

silvanasp, Nov 5, 2019
  3. silvanasp Win User
    partitioning c and d drives

and my c drive 239 GB

silvanasp, Nov 5, 2019
  4. silvanasp Win User

Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives)

partitioning c and d drives

and my c drive 239 GB

silvanasp, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives)

1. Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives) - Similar Threads - Resetting Win10 partitioned

2. M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions: I have noticed my M2 SSD C: drive has a number of random partitions recently: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-ssd-c-drive-random-partitions/a41a7b3e-118d-4a08-be16-083727afe1f1
  3. M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions: I have noticed my M2 SSD C: drive has a number of random partitions recently: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-ssd-c-drive-random-partitions/a41a7b3e-118d-4a08-be16-083727afe1f1
  4. M2 SSD C: Drive random partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  6. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  7. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. SSD Partition C Drive Safe ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD Partition C Drive Safe ?: Is it safe to partition C drive ? I have only C drive of 450 GB. I wish to partition it into 3 Drive leaving 150GB for C drive. If i do that will there be any problem ? submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments]...
  9. Partitioned drives C vs D

Partitioned drives C vs D: Hi I bought a new Windows 10 notebook. I did not realize that the data storage was partitioned. I have 119 GB on C: "Windows" and 930 GB on D: "data drive". My files do not all fit on C:. I assume the data on the D drive loses some functionality, but I don't know what...
  10. Combining C: and D: drive partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combining C: and D: drive partitions: A couple weeks ago my PC had some problems and i had to send it somewhere to fix it, now when it came back, it has two partitions, and the problem is, D: has way more memory than C: (more precisely, D: has around 850 GB and C: has 150 GB) and I really wanted to combine them...