Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, everyone! I have recently been foolish enough to download and run an .exe file from a suspicious website. I have been using the free version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AyhanHasanov, May 20, 2022.

1. Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection

Hi, everyone! I have recently been foolish enough to download and run an .exe file from a suspicious website. I have been using the free version of Kaspersky and I can say that I am pretty satisfied with it. So once I ran the file the antivuris detected 3 types of Trojan and put them under quarantine after which it disinfected them. Right after 'advanced disinfection' began and my pc rebooted. After that I ran a full scan and no threats were found. However that's when I received an email from Google alerting that suspicious app has been found on the device and that it had logged out of my acc

:)

AyhanHasanov, May 20, 2022
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, May 20, 2022
  3. Walke19 Win User
    Reset Windows 10 - no USB or ISO file were needed. Can it be due to it being infected with malware?

My PC was most certainty infected with some malware program(s). Did reset with clearing everything.When PC in about 5 hours finally restarted, it started working as a new laptop, I did not have to create an ISO file or use an USB.
    Can it be due to the infections and because malware was not actually deleted?

Walke19, May 20, 2022
  4. Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection

Reset this PC in case getting infecting with malware?

In case I get infected with malware on my system, does performing a Reset this PC WITH Removing All Files and settings should reformat all the partitions and remove malware after resetting this PC?The only options I had is to choose Keep all files or Remove all files and settings. But if I choose Remove all Files and settings, will this method wipe all the partitions that I had before and then reformat them? Is is like a clean installation of Windows or not exactly?Or, is it just better if I create a Windows 10 bootable image and do a clean installation that way?

win10freak, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection

1. Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection - Similar Threads - Resetting malware infection

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  6. Possible malware infection?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  7. Possible malware infection?

Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  8. ScreenSketch.exe infected by malware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ScreenSketch.exe infected by malware ?: Hello Everybody, When looking through Process Explorer, I noticed that the new screen capture tool ScreenSketch.exe is flagged as malware by one antivirus engine on VirusTotal. See :...
  9. Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my 2/1 RCA laptop. After completing it Cortana was walking me through the start up procedures when things went sideways. Now I can't access my systems program and Microsoft Edge try's to load then crashes. I called a # that my 411...
  10. PC infected with malware

PC infected with malware: I recently ran kmspico.exe and couple other unverified programs(of course by mistake) and now my pc's loaded with malware and virus. I reset my pc completely but I still think there are virus files saved which weren't deleted as I had opted to kept personal files. I don't...