Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10 but cannot create a pin due to virtual keyboard not showing up

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10 but cannot create a pin due to virtual keyboard not showing up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm resetting my Acer touch screen Windows 10 device, and there is no physically connected keyboard available. So at the step to set up a pin, I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MOHOHOH, Apr 18, 2021.

1. MOHOHOH Win User

Resetting Windows 10 but cannot create a pin due to virtual keyboard not showing up

I'm resetting my Acer touch screen Windows 10 device, and there is no physically connected keyboard available. So at the step to set up a pin, I got stuck as the virtual keyboard never popped up not matter how I tried. How to solve this problem? Thanks.

:)

MOHOHOH, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Apr 18, 2021
  4. nr913 Win User

Resetting Windows 10 but cannot create a pin due to virtual keyboard not showing up

Windows CE 5.0 virtual keyboard doesn't appear

I have a GPS device on which is installed windows ce 5.0. I had played with the settings and I had set the logon password, but now, I have to type the password and the virtual keyboard wont show up. Any suggestions?

Here is a video:

nr913, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Resetting Windows 10 but cannot create a pin due to virtual keyboard not showing up - Similar Threads - Resetting cannot create

2. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  3. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  4. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Forgotten Pin and Cannot reset Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Pin and Cannot reset Windows 10: Hi I have a laptop that runs windows 10. I originally set up myself as administrator using my outlook account and then set up a profile for my daughter. I have now forgotten the pin. I know the password for my account and can use mircosoft authenticator but I do not seem to...
  6. Forgotten Pin and Cannot reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten Pin and Cannot reset Windows 10: Hi I have a laptop that runs windows 10. I originally set up myself as administrator using my outlook account and then set up a profile for my daughter. I have now forgotten the pin. I know the password for my account and can use mircosoft authenticator but I do not seem to...
  7. Forgotten Pin and Cannot reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello: I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account,...
  9. Cannot Create Pin on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Create Pin on Windows 10: Cannot Create Pin on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-pin-on-windows-10/c3d7fa9c-88f8-491e-975d-24723922f9e9
  10. Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10: I would really like to know who in their right mind decided to put in this "upgrade" into Windows 10. Every time I start my computer I get that stupid, unproductive message that tells me to create a PIN. I do not want this on my PC. Shame on Microsoft for forcing this down...