Windows 10: Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data

Discus and support Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had installed an update that ruined my pc as it broke discord, and the settings app wont open. the emoji menu, paste menu and the windows speech to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David20711, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data

I had installed an update that ruined my pc as it broke discord, and the settings app wont open. the emoji menu, paste menu and the windows speech to text menu win+h wont open. I partially fixed it with startup repair and settings opens. discord opens after a reinstall. But the emoji, paste and speech to text menu do not. also to point out that the dism restore health command failed with an error 4448 and says that the wof driver file's table is corrupt or something and sfc /scannow fails at 7%.i ran the chkdsk command and it said no bad files were found. I am currently very annoyed as I didnt even manually choose to download or install the update KB551762 and it goes and breaks everything. But what I wanted to know was 1 is there any other way I can repair this without resetting and if not 2 then can I use the media creation tool to fix windows without loosing my apps settings or data, in other words does it still work in 2020 without completely breaking the system and rendering it unusable as that is what i have heard some recent users report.

:)

David20711, Mar 15, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Default programs repeatedly reset to "MS" programs/apps

I had the same problem.
    Possible causes:
    1. Acrobat preference does not work and if you click on it, it will reset to Windows default acrobat reader with the message:

Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data [​IMG]
    2. If Windows has update for Acrobat reader App, it will reset it to default.

Just set it from Control Panel->Default Programs->Set Your default programs
    High lite Acrobat then click on: Set this program as default.

Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 15, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Would be nice if this method was officially supported. Refresh Windows without losing any data or programs. I wouldn't mind if it would reset core Windows settings, services and stuff, for as long as it keeps 3rd party ones intact. Would still be faster to reinstall those 3 problematic apps than doing it for all of them.

RejZoR, Mar 15, 2020
  4. BadFrog Win User

Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Would be nice if Windows Reset also got rid of malware instead of doing a clean install *Smile Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data :)

BadFrog, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data

1. Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data - Similar Threads - Resetting keeping apps

2. From 21H2 to 22H2 keep all data, apps, settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From 21H2 to 22H2 keep all data, apps, settings: 1I have Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 21H2, bypass restrictions, I went upgrade to 22H2 keep all Apps, Settings and data, by inserting usb stick and pressing setup.exe, but I can Not proceed by keeping all, apps and data, i can keep only data... option keep also apps can...
  3. From 21H2 to 22H2 keep all data, apps, settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    From 21H2 to 22H2 keep all data, apps, settings: 1I have Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 21H2, bypass restrictions, I went upgrade to 22H2 keep all Apps, Settings and data, by inserting usb stick and pressing setup.exe, but I can Not proceed by keeping all, apps and data, i can keep only data... option keep also apps can...
  4. Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data: HiJust bought a new laptop and spent a day configuring everything and restoring data from backups etc to find that I need to be connected to the Internet to sign in… this appears to be because somehow I now have a Microsoft account… obviously missed a setting somewhere that...
  5. Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data: HiJust bought a new laptop and spent a day configuring everything and restoring data from backups etc to find that I need to be connected to the Internet to sign in… this appears to be because somehow I now have a Microsoft account… obviously missed a setting somewhere that...
  6. Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  8. Reset Windows 10 but keep Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 but keep Data: Hello everyone, I have my old laptop that I am trying to salvage. It looks like it has some registry data corruption and I've finally given up on trying to fix it. I do not have the recovery software anymore from when I bought the laptop. Therefore I do not also know what...
  9. my pc keeps resetting all data

my pc keeps resetting all data: my pc keeps reseting all data every time i turn the pc off or reboost it goes like if i just bought it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-resetting-all-data/a109dfac-51d9-4d50-bbb9-8608d83ff5db
  10. "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs

"Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs: Hi, I have been trying to set the default app for certain file types and having no luck with slightly obscure/unpopular programs. Notepad++ will not appear when I try to set it for .txt files, and MusicBee will not appear for any music file. This happens when trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb551762