Windows 10: Resetting windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Resetting windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m trying to sell my previous laptop but obviously I need to reset it. I’ve been trying to reset it for a long time and nothing seems to work. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/onehundredlives, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Resetting windows 10 laptop

So I’m trying to sell my previous laptop but obviously I need to reset it. I’ve been trying to reset it for a long time and nothing seems to work. At all.

So I’ve reset it and it gave me a “Other User” login screen. I’ve reset it and it’s given me an administrator login screen which I have no idea what the password even is. I’ve tried shift-restarting (from the login pages) and tried resetting from there. Once I tried resetting it from there it just gives me a prompt saying it can’t reset and no changes have been made.

Can anyone please help, this has been an issue for me for a while already and I just want this laptop off my hands.

submitted by /u/onehundredlives
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/onehundredlives, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Resetting windows 10 laptop

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Resetting windows 10 laptop

1. Resetting windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Resetting laptop

2. HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected...: Dear Community, I busted my touch screen on my HP 15-DWX**** a couple of months ago. I connected it to an external monitor and attempted a complete reset. When my computer restarted, I had the "Windows Failed to Install Due to Unexpected Restart/Error." I did a restart,...
  3. URGENT Can't access or reset my laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    URGENT Can't access or reset my laptop with Windows 10: I wanted to add a new domain onto my laptop, however the laptop has locked me out completely and now it is asking for an administrator password. I have tried everything but nothing works. I have decided to reset my laptop but I can't reset it for some reason. Every time I...
  4. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN: PIN no longer available due to a change in security settings on a MS Surface laptop. I am told I have to set up a new PIN but I can't get into the laptop to get to settings and reset the PIN. How am I to do this? This is a refurbished laptop with a new warranty....
  5. Laptop reset - what will happen to my files on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop reset - what will happen to my files on OneDrive?: I want to reset my laptop. I have files on the OneDrive folder on it, which are synced to the Cloud and to my desktop. I've noticed hat, as expected, if I delete a file on the laptop's OneDrive folder, it also disappears from the corresponding desktop's OneDrive folder. Based...
  6. Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset: Hello, I was using my Asus laptop with built in Windows 10 with no problems. It was able to activate itself after resets without any issues. Last week I did a reset and now I see Windows 10 home written on the lower right of my screen and I am not able to perform...
  7. Lenovo Laptop Reset stuck at 48%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Laptop Reset stuck at 48%: and then i pressed the novo button 4 times without any results. what should i do now????? should i wait for it??????????? please help?????????????? submitted by /u/nakonako123 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to reset Acer laptop with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset Acer laptop with Windows 10?: Hello! I have an Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-39US laptop. All updates done, but now it boots up very slowly. (The last time was a month ago) Now I've turned it back on to reset it, but it doesn't show me the Windows interface, has been loading for about 20 minutes. I only got the...
  9. reseting my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reseting my laptop.: would resetting my laptop remove the update on my windows. when purchased it had windows 8, later i had it updated to 10. would resting change the system back to 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reseting-my-laptop/84b385a7-f382-4b4c-877a-45faaae0dc1e
  10. Lenovo Windows 10 Laptop Stuck at 51% while Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Windows 10 Laptop Stuck at 51% while Factory Reset: I recently bought a laptop from a friend and I'm currently factory resetting it because they didn't have the time to. It's been stuck at 51% on the reset screen for about 3 hours now and I'm starting to get worried. It's been resetting for 7 total hours now. There doesn't...