Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10 tablet to factory settings

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10 tablet to factory settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I have a tablet with Windows 10, last updated on 11 June 2020. The wifi has been disabled not by me and I assume this is from the updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sister Cluck, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Resetting Windows 10 tablet to factory settings

Hi there

I have a tablet with Windows 10, last updated on 11 June 2020.

The wifi has been disabled not by me and I assume this is from the updates.

There are two logins for this tablet and one of them is an administrator who cannot remember his PIN or password for this tablet.

I have tried to reset to factory settings, but it keeps asking for the PIN or password, which is the reason for resetting.

Please help!

Regards

K

:)

Sister Cluck, Jun 24, 2020

2. Looping after factory reset

There is not much to do than again factory reset your computer.

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery starts automatically if Windows will not startup. The recovery environment allows you to diagnose hardware issues, repair issues, back up files, and restore factory settings. You can start the recovery environment at any time.
    Verify the list of systems on which Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery is supported.

You should able to factory reset with Windows 10 Installation DVD. You can create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Jun 24, 2020
  4. jwkelley Win User

Resetting Windows 10 tablet to factory settings

Factory reset tablet stuck.

So I updated my tablet from 8.1-10.
    There were some issues so i reinstalled some drivers and the issues continued so i did a factory reset.
    The reset stopped halfway and wont continue.
    The screen is mostly blank unless i fiddle with some things and a screen comes up asking if I want to continue to update, reset factory settings, trouble shoot, use usb or cd or continue the reset.
    I have tried the reset a few times but it has not worked.
    Amazon.co.jp: マウスコンピューター 8.9型Win8.1タブレット・2in1 PC Office付 (Win8.1/AtomZ3735F/2GB/32GBeMMC/Office HB) WN891: パソコン・周辺機器
    This is the tablet here. Unfortunately everything is also all in Japanese, which i understand somewhat but am kind of winging it.

jwkelley, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Resetting Windows 10 tablet to factory settings

1. Resetting Windows 10 tablet to factory settings - Similar Threads - Resetting tablet factory

2. Windows 10 Tablet PC Settings Resetting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tablet PC Settings Resetting?: Hello, I've having an issue with the Tablet PC Settings on a Windows 10 PC resetting everytime the PC is shut down. I don't know if it's intentional, but my goal would be to find a way to have the PC remember the settings.I have a MIMO tablet that I use as a secondary screen...
  3. Windows 10 Tablet PC Settings Resetting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Tablet PC Settings Resetting?: Hello, I've having an issue with the Tablet PC Settings on a Windows 10 PC resetting everytime the PC is shut down. I don't know if it's intentional, but my goal would be to find a way to have the PC remember the settings.I have a MIMO tablet that I use as a secondary screen...
  4. Windows 10 Tablet PC Settings Resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Factory reset Tablet lost credentials

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset Tablet lost credentials: i have 2 windows 10 Tablets. Was set-up with domain control. No-one knows the credentials and we want to wipe it back to factory default. It asks for a recovery key? which i have no idea how to get. If i skip this step it does not reinstall windows. Thank you...
  6. Two windows 10 nextbook tablets that wont factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two windows 10 nextbook tablets that wont factory reset.: We bought them almost 4 years ago. They started getting really slow because of lack of space. Then windows went through a huge update about two years ago and even though I deleted almost everything i installed on both tablets it still said there wasnt enough room for the...
  7. Asus tablet mini factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus tablet mini factory reset: Hi I have a Asus tablet transformer mini I bought online and I am trying to do a factory reset on it because it isnt charging. When I attempt to do it, it request a password that I do not have. Any way to reset the password or reset the system without it being on? It is...
  8. Factory Reset for Windows 10 Tablet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory Reset for Windows 10 Tablet: I have a new NuVision tablet loaded with Windows 10. I have forgotten the password for my local account. I want to use the factory reset option, but am afraid I will lose the Windows 10 Operating system. I have read conflicting reports as to the results of using the...
  9. Reset to factory settings

Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...
  10. Factory reset tablet stuck.

Factory reset tablet stuck.: So I updated my tablet from 8.1-10. There were some issues so i reinstalled some drivers and the issues continued so i did a factory reset. The reset stopped halfway and wont continue. The screen is mostly blank unless i fiddle with some things and a screen comes up...