Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision Workstation 7710 that cane with Windows 7. At some point I upgraded to 10 (dont remember if I went to 8 first). I have upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Resetting Windows 10

I have a Dell Precision Workstation 7710 that cane with Windows 7. At some point I upgraded to 10 (dont remember if I went to 8 first). I have upgraded the SSD a couple of times using either Acronis or the Samsung migration.

For a long time I have an issue with windows explorer pauses when renaming and copying files. I tried various things I found doing searches and nothing works permanently. Sometimes the issue goes away on a reboot, restarting explorer and some other things I did, but it comes back quickly. I thought it was DropBox, but still happens even without DB running.

So I am at the point I am thinking of reinstalling windows. Can I use the reset feature and will it reset to a clean install of windows? I think I still have the Dell recovery partition, but that would be Win 7 which I do not want. I am also hoping I do not have to install 7 and upgrade to 10.

I am on 1809 the October update.

thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Resetting Windows 10

Delta6326, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Resetting Windows 10

1. Resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Error code 0x803F8001 on apps and games - Tier 2 or Level 2 Support reset Microsoft Cloud...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x803F8001 on apps and games - Tier 2 or Level 2 Support reset Microsoft Cloud...: For 10 days I have been trying every fix available to get my Microsoft Mahjong back after getting Error code 0x803F8001. I tried help and support but went around in a big circle to get nowhere then resorted to Google where I found a few ideas, none of which worked....
  3. Resetting printer to print normally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting printer to print normally: I was able to reset my printer to print in heavy ink when making some fabric labels. Now I can't, or don't know how to reset it back to the original settings to print normally. It still prints heavily and VERY slowly - chug-a-chug-a-chug. Help!...
  4. After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails: When running,Diagnosis report,internal/ hard drive is not tested. Thought it might be due to data stored in cloud storage. I've accessed that yet after powering on, system doesn't go past desktop wallpaper. Reset on each occasion. Please help, it's been 3 months now....
  5. WiFi lost after Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi lost after Reset: Hello, I reset Window 10, after which I have no WiFi, though I can connect to the internet by an ethernet connection quite satisfactorily. I saved on my desktop an HTML file that showed programmes that had been deleted during the reset. Included in the list was “REALTEK...
  6. Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1803) Greetings. A much-discussed topic and an issue from which I also suffer, and have not yet found the right answer to. As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can...
  7. Audio driver issues after reset

Audio driver issues after reset: My laptop was stuck on the automatic repair loop, so I reset my laptop and found that my audio drivers were changed to Realtek Endpoint (pretty sure it was Realtek HD Audio before) Ever since my microphone has been having problems, as my voice keeps getting cut off during...
  8. have music but no voice after a reset

have music but no voice after a reset: After a reset, sound has music, but no voice in videos. Also, advertisements work well, but the video then does not. How can I get back the voice sound,...
  9. resetting computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    resetting computer: I am resetting my laptop because giving it away. Why when we start to set it up does it ask for microsoft account? It won't let one go any further until you fill in a microsoft account. Does that interfere with the new person using the computer?...
  10. My Asus Win10 full reset like stuck at 33%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus Win10 full reset like stuck at 33%: Hi, i was trying to resetting my asus rog laptop due to the performance issue after some windows update and the process feel like it's not moving at 33% for more than 30 min. Is it normal? the circling loading is still moving thou. Thanks for any help....