Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision Workstation 7710 that cane with Windows 7. At some point I upgraded to 10 (dont remember if I went to 8 first). I have upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Resetting Windows 10

I have a Dell Precision Workstation 7710 that cane with Windows 7. At some point I upgraded to 10 (dont remember if I went to 8 first). I have upgraded the SSD a couple of times using either Acronis or the Samsung migration.

For a long time I have an issue with windows explorer pauses when renaming and copying files. I tried various things I found doing searches and nothing works permanently. Sometimes the issue goes away on a reboot, restarting explorer and some other things I did, but it comes back quickly. I thought it was DropBox, but still happens even without DB running.

So I am at the point I am thinking of reinstalling windows. Can I use the reset feature and will it reset to a clean install of windows? I think I still have the Dell recovery partition, but that would be Win 7 which I do not want. I am also hoping I do not have to install 7 and upgrade to 10.

I am on 1809 the October update.

thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Resetting Windows 10

Delta6326, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Resetting Windows 10

1. Resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. reset admin password if I forgot it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset admin password if I forgot it: How do I reset the admin password if I forgot it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-admin-password-if-i-forgot-it/7cc32d7b-64fe-48fe-8f8a-cd8b56be935c
  3. Missing files after resetting OS

Missing files after resetting OS: Every year I go through the process of reinstalling Windows to keep things fresh. After backing everything up to an external drive, things go off without a hitch and all is good. This time however I decided to simply reset windows, doing so would accomplish what I wanted, and...
  4. How do I fix there was a problem resetting your pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix there was a problem resetting your pc: I had a problem where windows couldn't repair my PC. I needed to factory reset the PC through the bluescreen since I couldn't access the desktop. I went to advanced settings and troubleshoot where I pressed the reset PC button and clicked remove everything then a message...
  5. Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps: Before I factory reset my windows 10 OS, can I back up my downloaded apps to an external hard drive without having to purchase an expensive program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reset-and-keep-my-apps/b4d06038-6ba2-496e-802c-adebc17017d7
  6. Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option: You know what, you Microsoft guys - I don't care who exactly, developers or managers - you are as little as micro and as weak as soft. Why Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option to "when PC wakes up from sleep"? Can you make anything in your own...
  7. After Reset computer does not boot

After Reset computer does not boot: Hi I have the following Problem: I reset my computer because of some technical issues I was having. After the reset finished I wanted to reinstall windows. But after the Hi there lets get some information screen (country, language...) the computer runs into problem. It goes...
  8. Reset account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...
  9. Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection: I share my wifi downstairs so my father can watch TV. The issue is my signal is not so great to the AP we use for net and there are other networks around with the same SSID so roaming is an issue. The problem comes when my wifi adjusts to a new signal, the ICS gets stuck and...
  10. wnidows 10 reset

wnidows 10 reset: I did a reset for win 10 and it said that my files would not be touched and after I did the reset I found I lost my family tree maker. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wnidows-10-reset/e6b67174-657c-45f8-87c1-02a06708b489