Windows 10: Resetting windows 10

Discus and support Resetting windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While resetting windows 10 an option"keep personal files" appears. Which type of files are kept and which are removed during reset process. Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SK123, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SK123 Win User

Resetting windows 10

While resetting windows 10 an option"keep personal files" appears. Which type of files are kept and which are removed during reset process. Also whether files in other drives (including C drive ) is kept or not???

:)

SK123, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Resetting windows 10

Delta6326, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Resetting windows 10

1. Resetting windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Resetting Windows OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows OS: My laptop is running Windows 10 21H1 but due to some bug issues I need to reset my laptop to get it running smoothly w/o any bugs. The question is will I lose all the windows updates? The system was preloaded with Windows 10 1909. There may be over 30 installed updates...
  3. My Laptop had Windows Pro when i bought it, then i reset it later down the line and now it...

My Laptop had Windows Pro when i bought it, then i reset it later down the line and now it...: My Laptop had Windows Pro when i bought it, then i reset it later down the line and now it has Windows Home which doesn't have Hyper V. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-had-windows-pro-when-i-bought-it-then-i/67eb8452-eeb7-48bc-9072-96c0f2caf9ad
  4. updates kaput! recovery kaput! reset kaput! fresh install kaput!

updates kaput! recovery kaput! reset kaput! fresh install kaput!: Good day community,can anyone help ?Microsoft support in Lagos I'm in Uk so that's where we are directed certainly cannot , 6 attempts all failedMicrosoft support in the US don't seem able to either , 3 different advisors on the same day all failed.In a nutshell, although...
  5. How to reset Mouse settings to default in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Mouse settings to default in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It’s not an uncommon incident for your computer’s mouse to behave unnaturally. You may observe it to not pick up on your commands, or to do so but in a delayed fashion. While this may not seem like an issue on paper, having a dysfunctional mouse can hamper your work...
  6. Can't sign into Yahoo email after resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't sign into Yahoo email after resetting laptop: Had read it was suggested to try using FireFox browser and that also will not install, what must I change in the setting to allow me into my Yahoo mail, this is very frustrating, been at my computer for hours attempting to resolve, never had experienced this problem in the...
  7. Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen: While trying to fix some network problems I hit “Rest Network” which then prompted that my PC will restart in 5 min. I though that meant that I could already restart now. I restarted my PC and now I can’t click on the Windows tab, any Windows programs don’t open, Windows key...
  8. How can i restore my Microsoft Store after i reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i restore my Microsoft Store after i reset it?: I resetted my microsoft store because i was trying something out. Now i cant download anything and I have tried methods from Youtube and Google like using the powershell app etc. Please help....
  9. Microsoft Store gone after resetting my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store gone after resetting my computer.: I tried to restore my computer to a restore point which I've done before but an error occurred and it told me I have to reset my computer. I reset it with the keep files option. But now the Microsoft Store is gone. It's not on my computer at all. I've tried a bunch of...
  10. I can't reset my system

I can't reset my system: I have tried resetting my system after I update my window 10 home. A whole lot of things have happened since I did that. The max processor speed has been reduced, my system is way slower than I used to, some apps are going bunkers without warning. I have tried resetting it...