Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10.

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have a HP Pavillon PC with "Windows 10 Home build 19042.804 version 20H2", the PC is bought with OS installed most likely Windows 7 upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JourneymanMC, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:52 AM.

1. Resetting Windows 10.

So I have a HP Pavillon PC with "Windows 10 Home build 19042.804 version 20H2", the PC is bought with OS installed most likely Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, so the OS is activated with Digital License that is connected to my Microsoft account. Now I experience regularly issues with apps etc., which is why I think about resetting Windows. Like many other users doing this, raise some questions because I have set up a good working environment. So before I begin resetting I have a few questions:

1. How do I prepare for resetting; Do I backup my files? Should I make a list of apps? Will I be needing my discs with profesional software?

2. Will it be a clean Windows 10 installation, now I have an upgraded Windows 7? Does this affect the installation in any way?

3. Will I have to reactivate Windows after installation?

4. I have changed the name of my Desktop PC from some random letters to a more personal name, will it affect the installation?

5. Should I be using the windows build-in reset or should I use the HP reset option?

I hope somebody can help me out with solving this.

:)

JourneymanMC, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:52 AM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

4. Resetting Windows 10.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Thema:

Resetting Windows 10.

1. Resetting Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Windows Won't Activate After Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't Activate After Reset: Hi, I just purchased a Surface go laptop from Best Buy. Upon the very start up of my Laptop, windows was successfully activated and I had no issues with it whatsoever. I did have an issue with switching out of S mode on my laptop. I followed the steps get out of S mode,...
  3. I tried to Factory reset my Laptop but it failed

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to Factory reset my Laptop but it failed: So basically every time i try to factory reset my laptop, it brings me to a blue screen with options to use cmd, shut down or restart and my reset fails. I have done some searching and found that there is a file that stores my information on what the error was. I hope this...
  4. Resetting pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting pc: I put in reset my pc before 15 min and its only now 2% i am so scared its stuck may be i dont know please suggest submitted by /u/Icy_Grand5536 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrrd28/resetting_pc/
  5. no audio output device after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio output device after reset: No audio output device after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-after-reset/5dc1429e-2830-4c7b-a5f2-7aa489179fa3
  6. MY COMPUTER JUST RESET!!!

MY COMPUTER JUST RESET!!!: MY COMPUTER RESETTTT!!! I CAN'T FIND ANY OF MY FILES I UPDATED RECENTLY SO I CHECKED IF IT SIGNED ME OUT BT IT DIDN'T ALL MY FILES ARE GONE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-just-reset/517c56cc-8280-48cd-bd00-9a6a68ae2711
  7. Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts

Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts: I attempted to factory reset and accidentally deleted all user accounts. I can't log in as my password is not accepted. what do I do? I have little computer knowledge, so a simple guide would benefit me greatly....
  8. Search Not Working After Resetting Windows

in Cortana
    Search Not Working After Resetting Windows: Hello, I have a problem since i reset my Windows not long ago. My Windows ver. is 20H2, before resetting this didn't happen. My search isn't working. When i type its just don't show what i typed. I tried to Restart Windows Explorer. Still not worked, what should i do? Sorry...
  9. No reset disk. Can I use USB?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No reset disk. Can I use USB?: I bought my laptop off of Facebook bad idea, I see now i did not get the reset disk with it. I only got the laptop and that was it. Can I use a SD card and download the create a reset disk and put it into my USB drive and download it that way, with out another laptop? Or do I...
  10. Win 10 logon, PIN not available and do not have password. Can not reset password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 logon, PIN not available and do not have password. Can not reset password.: I need to reset my logon password but have not found a way to do this can't logon, so don't give me things to do when in Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-logon-pin-not-available-and-do-not-have/3ba57a6a-9ef2-4297-9884-cd027d5aa688