Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10.

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have a HP Pavillon PC with "Windows 10 Home build 19042.804 version 20H2", the PC is bought with OS installed most likely Windows 7 upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JourneymanMC, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Resetting Windows 10.

So I have a HP Pavillon PC with "Windows 10 Home build 19042.804 version 20H2", the PC is bought with OS installed most likely Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, so the OS is activated with Digital License that is connected to my Microsoft account. Now I experience regularly issues with apps etc., which is why I think about resetting Windows. Like many other users doing this, raise some questions because I have set up a good working environment. So before I begin resetting I have a few questions:

1. How do I prepare for resetting; Do I backup my files? Should I make a list of apps? Will I be needing my discs with profesional software?

2. Will it be a clean Windows 10 installation, now I have an upgraded Windows 7? Does this affect the installation in any way?

3. Will I have to reactivate Windows after installation?

4. I have changed the name of my Desktop PC from some random letters to a more personal name, will it affect the installation?

5. Should I be using the windows build-in reset or should I use the HP reset option?

I hope somebody can help me out with solving this.

:)

JourneymanMC, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Resetting Windows 10.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Resetting Windows 10.

1. Resetting Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. I attempted the reset my computer and now I can’t redownload windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I attempted the reset my computer and now I can’t redownload windows: I attempted to reset my computer and redownload windows, then while it was downloading windows it shutdown unexpectedly and when I turn on my computer, it was preparing and says an error about clicking ok but I can’t go pass that because the computer keeps shutting down for...
  3. I attempted the reset my computer and now I can’t redownload windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I attempted the reset my computer and now I can’t redownload windows: I attempted to reset my computer and redownload windows, then while it was downloading windows it shutdown unexpectedly and when I turn on my computer, it was preparing and says an error about clicking ok but I can’t go pass that because the computer keeps shutting down for...
  4. My laptop deleted my pin and I restarted my laptop and now it won't let login or reset my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop deleted my pin and I restarted my laptop and now it won't let login or reset my...: Please help me out with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-deleted-my-pin-and-i-restarted-my-laptop/26ffb50e-17d1-4f0b-9542-059b8dbb9211
  5. My laptop deleted my pin and I restarted my laptop and now it won't let login or reset my...

My laptop deleted my pin and I restarted my laptop and now it won't let login or reset my...: Please help me out with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-deleted-my-pin-and-i-restarted-my-laptop/26ffb50e-17d1-4f0b-9542-059b8dbb9211
  6. Clock resets after first restart post imaging Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock resets after first restart post imaging Windows 11: We use SCCM to image a variety of laptops and we also use TLS to connect to the WiFi. For some reason, after the imaging is completed everything is working correctly, no issues. But after the first restart the time goes back 6 hours and won't allow the device to connect to...
  7. Clock resets after first restart post imaging Windows 11

Clock resets after first restart post imaging Windows 11: We use SCCM to image a variety of laptops and we also use TLS to connect to the WiFi. For some reason, after the imaging is completed everything is working correctly, no issues. But after the first restart the time goes back 6 hours and won't allow the device to connect to...
  8. Microsoft Store is not working even after resetting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not working even after resetting it: Hi,I have Windows 11 Pro and Microsoft Stro doesn't open. It just spins and I have waited even one hour. There is nothing written even after an hour of just spinning. I tried to reset it but nothing changed....
  9. Microsoft Store is not working even after resetting it

Microsoft Store is not working even after resetting it: Hi,I have Windows 11 Pro and Microsoft Stro doesn't open. It just spins and I have waited even one hour. There is nothing written even after an hour of just spinning. I tried to reset it but nothing changed....
  10. Not sure what to do after Bios update. Blue screen after start-up press y to reset fTPM or...

Not sure what to do after Bios update. Blue screen after start-up press y to reset fTPM or...: I have a dell laptop and I used support assist to update it yesterday. It said there was a BIOS update and WIFI update so I proceeded to install those. Now after my laptop restarted I got a blue screen with this message -Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or...