Windows 10: Resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How long does it take to factory reset windows 10? I chose the second option; reset and delete all files. But it is taking too long, about 14 hours now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aron ClarkEustaquio, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Resetting Windows 10

How long does it take to factory reset windows 10? I chose the second option; reset and delete all files. But it is taking too long, about 14 hours now since i reset my laptop and i am still here. Though it is processing but it is quite long to progress. Approximately 2 hours for every 1%. I have 1TG Hard Drive. Is it alright to restart my laptop? Or i should just wait? Thank you!Resetting Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Aron ClarkEustaquio, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Resetting Windows 10

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Resetting Windows 10

1. Resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  3. How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?: Hello,I have a pc that runs windows 10. I need to log in using my microsoft PIN, but I have forgotten it. Every tutorial I try to follow tells me to go to go to "start>settings>account>sign-in options>select PIN Windows Hello > I forgot my PIN and follow the instructions."The...
  4. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  5. How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?

How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?: Hello,I have a pc that runs windows 10. I need to log in using my microsoft PIN, but I have forgotten it. Every tutorial I try to follow tells me to go to go to "start>settings>account>sign-in options>select PIN Windows Hello > I forgot my PIN and follow the instructions."The...
  6. How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  8. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  9. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...
  10. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...