Windows 10: Resetting windows 10

Discus and support Resetting windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay so I reset my windows 10 to see if I can fix this issue where when I try to update my pc from 1909 to 20hz I think it's called. I did the download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VViperHD, May 12, 2021.

1. VViperHD Win User

Resetting windows 10

Okay so I reset my windows 10 to see if I can fix this issue where when I try to update my pc from 1909 to 20hz I think it's called. I did the download part with the % but after that I'm just at the windows boot with the spinning dots. Is that normal since I'm resetting my windows or is that something else?

:)

VViperHD, May 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 12, 2021
  4. Resetting windows 10

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Resetting windows 10

1. Resetting windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Can I re-activate software licenses after resetting Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I re-activate software licenses after resetting Windows 10?: I want to reset Windows 10 to factory settings and remove all apps and files. However, I'm worried about whether I'll be able to re-activate 3rd party software such as Vegas Video. Will my license keys still work when I reinstall software after resetting my PC?...
  3. PC not working properly after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not working properly after reset: My Pc was running very slow and I was running into problems so i reset the PC and went away for around 20 minutes, when i came back the screens where all black, the PC was on and my keyboard was lit up, my two monitor are also...
  4. I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.: So I followed a guide that explicitly told me to reset the permissions of C: I was having issues with multiple folders of music. Then because of this my windows UI broke, and I had to reset. Now, after the reset, I am still having issues with things like the Minecraft...
  5. Questions about recovery/reset this PC within Windows

Questions about recovery/reset this PC within Windows: Win 10 Home on old Toshiba LT with an old SSD installed I want to use the recovery/reset this PC option in Win 10. I have two options, " Keep my Files " or " Remove Everything". I have no media creation backups or ISO. I know I can create them, I can't be bothered, I just...
  6. I can’t reset my computer

I can’t reset my computer: When I try reset my computer it works until like 7% the. It says undoing changes and an error pops up saying there was a problem resetting your pc. I have tried many ways to fix it from which I found on YouTube but none of them work. Can someone pls help me I really need my...
  7. Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings: As title suggests this is my issue, the steps i have to follow will be flushing the DNS followed by resetting the network settings followed by the mandated restart.I Have only got one ethernet connection and no wifi on this PC which nails down the internet of which is...
  8. Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...: All my meticulously arranged icons reset to the upper left corner of the screen at various times. Randomly on restart maybe one out of 6 times and I've also found I can reproduce the error every time by going into "personalize"->"themes"->"desktop icon settings" and...
  9. Microsoft store reset not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store reset not working: Hello! This morning, Microsoft store wasn't working. When I was downloading Netflix, it said that it was acquiring license and nothing happened. I was following a tutorial and they said that I would need to reset the app from settings so I did. When Microsoft store was...
  10. Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB

Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB: Hello, I have been trying to reset my Surface Go. I do not have access to the Administrator account, hence why I am trying to factory reset my PC. I do not have a USB available, nor do I have a USB I can use to create a bootable media to reinstall Windows 10. I have tried...