Windows 10: Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware

Discus and support Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here is what happened and what I've done so far.Windows 10August 1, 2022 8:32am. Laptop status: normal. Logged into my Dell Inspiron laptop and do my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MO_09, Aug 1, 2022.

1. MO_09 Win User

Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware

Here is what happened and what I've done so far.Windows 10August 1, 2022 8:32am. Laptop status: normal. Logged into my Dell Inspiron laptop and do my usual routine. And then, I've noticed my battery charging up to 100% which was not supposed to be because I've set my Dell Power Manager app to charge only to 80%. 9:00 am. Laptop status: normal. Decided to open Dell's power manager app but it did not load. Looked its files up using windows explorer and from there I've realized that Dell's files were all having the extension .DOCM and a text file on most of the folders na

:)

MO_09, Aug 1, 2022

2. How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Aug 1, 2022
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware

I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware

1. Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware - Similar Threads - Resetting installation wiping

2. Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware: Here is what happened and what I've done so far.Windows 10August 1, 2022 8:32am. Laptop status: normal. Logged into my Dell Inspiron laptop and do my usual routine. And then, I've noticed my battery charging up to 100% which was not supposed to be because I've set my Dell...
  3. Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting windows installation and wiping all data doesnt remove ransomware: Here is what happened and what I've done so far.Windows 10August 1, 2022 8:32am. Laptop status: normal. Logged into my Dell Inspiron laptop and do my usual routine. And then, I've noticed my battery charging up to 100% which was not supposed to be because I've set my Dell...
  4. Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives: Last Friday, now Wednesday I was working on my machine, looked away then I noticed windows at a 24% install. Hmm. When I let it finish, Cortana started asking all the new install questions which really made me start to worry. Sure enough after clicking through, with no option...
  5. Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives: Last Friday, now Wednesday I was working on my machine, looked away then I noticed windows at a 24% install. Hmm. When I let it finish, Cortana started asking all the new install questions which really made me start to worry. Sure enough after clicking through, with no option...
  6. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  7. PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data: Windows 10 updated and has completely wiped all apps, files, and history off my computer and i can not use mail or calendar apps. Every time i restart the PC it deletes all the history and bookmarks again, i have very limited knowledge and no idea where to start to fix this,...
  8. Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?: I need to reset my windows 10 and i have no problem with clearing all apps and data on my C drive where windows is installed. But i want my data on other drives safe. If i select delete all data option while resetting, will i still get my files on other drives ?...
  9. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  10. Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?: Good evening I am currently an Windows 7 Professional user, and I was seriously considering to jump to Windows 10. After upgrading, I was thinking in doing a factory reset, in order to try to mimic a clean install of the system. When exploring the options on Internet, I...