Windows 10: Resetting Windows OS

Discus and support Resetting Windows OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is running Windows 10 21H1 but due to some bug issues I need to reset my laptop to get it running smoothly w/o any bugs. The question is will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChaitanyaSabharwal, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Resetting Windows OS

My laptop is running Windows 10 21H1 but due to some bug issues I need to reset my laptop to get it running smoothly w/o any bugs. The question is will I lose all the windows updates? The system was preloaded with Windows 10 1909. There may be over 30 installed updates including all cumulative updates, quality updates, windows upgrade and other driver updates And if I'll lose all my updates then do I need to install all of them again, can't I directly download and install the latest windows update like 21H1 or Windows 11 as it is coming and my system is fully compatible.

:)

ChaitanyaSabharwal, Jul 26, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 26, 2021
  3. little cat, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Resetting Windows OS

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Resetting Windows OS

1. Resetting Windows OS - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Cannot boot into windows 10, safe mode, reset even with recovery USB, or restore to system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into windows 10, safe mode, reset even with recovery USB, or restore to system...: Hi there,I ran into a problem a few days ago leaving my laptop just open, walked away and came back with the a message "Press Y to reset fTPM" or "Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system reboot". I pressed N and it tried to boot up windows but it also...
  3. How can I reset default brightness settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I reset default brightness settings?: Hello.I have a Lenovo Legion 5 and a few days ago, when I unplugged the computer, it would lower the brightness. When I plugged it back in, the original brightness level returned.However, when I now disconnect or connect the power plug, the brightness stays the same. How can...
  4. How can I restore my utility apps after reset ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore my utility apps after reset ?: My, PC windows 10 had some problems in restart... When I clicked troubleshoot it said to reset. There were 2 options in it :1. to keep my files2. to remove all files and reset the PCi clicked option 1 to keep my files. but, the files like docx, ppt, and word were only kept,...
  5. Completely reset wsl, including network configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely reset wsl, including network configuration: Hi,I'm currently using an Insider build. 22458However, I had this problem a few times on other builds. and wsl worked beforeWhen I start wsl, I'm not able to do a DNS request. Pinging an IP address directly works.I tracked this problem down to the file: /etc/resolv.confIt...
  6. Unable to reset password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to reset password: As I enter my password to login into the system. IT prompt me to reset password. And as I enter new password, it not accept it. And not let me login into the system....
  7. Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?: I just spent the day restoring my laptop bc MS couldn't update. Now after the restore, I can't find the product key for office. How can I get it without buying a new suite?TIA,Eric...
  8. Windows 10 Boot, Repair, Reset Fail After ACPI.sys File Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot, Repair, Reset Fail After ACPI.sys File Error: Hello, I'll try to be as detailed as possible, as my hard drive is accessible, and the files can be seen. There is no physical problem and I do not want to lose all of my data with a clean install. It is also my fault for not having automatic system restore points enabled,...
  9. If i choose "Clean the drive" after choosing "Remove everything" in "Reset this PC" will it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i choose "Clean the drive" after choosing "Remove everything" in "Reset this PC" will it...: I want to reset my pc and clean out the C Drive without cleaning out my D & E drive. If i choose "Clean the drive" option after "Remove everything" will it delete files from the drives where windows is not installed, ie D & E drives? Please help me I just want my 2 external...
  10. Will reseting windows 10 wipe the PC apps?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will reseting windows 10 wipe the PC apps?: Hi. I recently tried to download an mp4 file from the internet and put it on a flash drive so I can watch later. After plugging in the flash drive again my computer started lagging and slowing down that I had to turn off the power supply in order to shut it off. I turned it...