Windows 10: Resetting Windows with multiple drives

Discus and support Resetting Windows with multiple drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I want to reset my windows from the recovery tab in the settings, I want to remove everything on both of my drives My windows currently is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IntegrationC, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Resetting Windows with multiple drives

Hey, I want to reset my windows from the recovery tab in the settings, I want to remove everything on both of my drives

My windows currently is installed in the C directory which is my SSD, and I also have a HDD drive, after resetting will windows by automatically installed in the C drive as it was before? I want to make sure it will do. Thank you

:)

IntegrationC, Aug 15, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Resetting Computer with Multiple Hard Drives?

Hey all,

Just a quick question. My computer has three hard drives:

• An 128GB SSD as C:\ for Windows 10 and essential applications (Visual Studio, Office, etc)
    • An 700GB SSD as D:\ for nonessential applications and games
    • A 2TB platter HDD as E:\ for general file storage.
    My computer has been running a bit weird lately (especially since I had a RAM stick go bad about a month ago) and so I just want to reset the C drive. My intention is to use the following steps:

• Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
    • Click Get Started under Reset this PC
    • Click Remove Everything
    • Erase quicky (since I'm not trading this PC in)
    So, my question is, if I do this will it format all three drives or will it only affect my C drive? I just want to know if I should disconnect my E drive before restoring my PC.

Thanks in advance!

Sn1p3rM00n, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Resetting Windows with multiple drives

Bitlocker on multiple external drives

Hi Myron,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using bitlocker on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if bitlocker settings is incorrect.

I suggest you to try decrypting the volume for the multiple external drives and then reset the bitlocker for the multiple drives.

Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article.

Note: The step provided in the below link is also applicable in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...er-Drive-Encryption-and-decrypting-the-volume

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Resetting Windows with multiple drives

1. Resetting Windows with multiple drives - Similar Threads - Resetting multiple drives

2. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  3. resetting of multiple peripheral allocations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resetting of multiple peripheral allocations: We are using a home-made software in C++, aggregating multiple programs receiving signals via USB communications eye-tracking, Bluetooth, and target LED signals that run under Windows. Do you know any Windows function that enables stable control and resetting of multiple...
  4. resetting of multiple peripheral allocations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resetting of multiple peripheral allocations: We are using a home-made software in C++, aggregating multiple programs receiving signals via USB communications eye-tracking, Bluetooth, and target LED signals that run under Windows. Do you know any Windows function that enables stable control and resetting of multiple...
  5. resetting of multiple peripheral allocations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Multiple Drives - Multiple files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Drives - Multiple files: My new Dell computer comes with Windows 10 home. It is configured with a C: SSD and D: hard drive and acess to the cloud. I find this confusing and find that when updating files, I am not certain whether I am working on he D: or in the cloud. Result: identically named files...
  7. Backup of multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup of multiple drives: Backup seems to only be backing up the C: drive. I have 2 other external hard drives as well as an additions internal drive I would like to back up. How can I setup the backup facility to cover drives D: K: L: ?...
  8. Windows installed across multiple drives?

Windows installed across multiple drives?: I just got an Aurora, came with a 1TB HDD. I installed a 500GB SSD. I used Macrium to clone the HDD to the SSD. I changed the boot drive in BIOS and booted up from the SSD, played around and everything seems fine. So I formatted the original HDD to be used as a storage drive....
  9. Multiple Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Hard Drives: I have a second hard drive in computer that is setup for D: drive. Windows decided that D: drive is a music file and thus whenever I access files on that drive I cannot see file extensions and dates. Windows brings up the music tools options and the file headers are artist,...
  10. Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.

Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.: Hello there. I recently built myself my new gaming PC and have been enjoying it. I went with mostly MSI parts to sync the RGB lighting. While messing around with the program for it, (Dragon Center) i uninstalled it incorrectly by deleting the files for it instead of using the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reset multiple drives