Windows 10: Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.

Discus and support Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there. I recently built myself my new gaming PC and have been enjoying it. I went with mostly MSI parts to sync the RGB lighting. While messing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuicidalAussie, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.

Hello there. I recently built myself my new gaming PC and have been enjoying it. I went with mostly MSI parts to sync the RGB lighting. While messing around with the program for it, (Dragon Center) i uninstalled it incorrectly by deleting the files for it instead of using the uninstall feature. This caused the lighting to freeze and stop working. Re installing the program does not work correctly and the program refuses to work. So my final option to fix this was to reset windows. Now I have two burning questions about this, one, can I unplug my E drive to save me redownloading my games afterwards? And two, will this automatically update my windows build? I am currently using 1809, and do not want to upgrade to 1903 because it made some changes i did not like. Any help is appreciated.

:)

SuicidalAussie, Aug 11, 2019

2. Resetting Computer with Multiple Hard Drives?

Hey all,

Just a quick question. My computer has three hard drives:

• An 128GB SSD as C:\ for Windows 10 and essential applications (Visual Studio, Office, etc)
    • An 700GB SSD as D:\ for nonessential applications and games
    • A 2TB platter HDD as E:\ for general file storage.
    My computer has been running a bit weird lately (especially since I had a RAM stick go bad about a month ago) and so I just want to reset the C drive. My intention is to use the following steps:

• Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
    • Click Get Started under Reset this PC
    • Click Remove Everything
    • Erase quicky (since I'm not trading this PC in)
    So, my question is, if I do this will it format all three drives or will it only affect my C drive? I just want to know if I should disconnect my E drive before restoring my PC.

Thanks in advance!

Sn1p3rM00n, Aug 11, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Jotap54 Win User

Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.

Resetting Computer with Multiple Hard Drives?

Hello
    Sn1p3rM00n,

When you're resetting your computer, if you choose remove everything and you have more than 1 drive, you'll be prompt if you would like to remove everything only where Windows is installed or all the drives.

Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives. daa33d43-26b2-4853-bb8e-d4d414b3686d.png

Something like this.

So you can decide what to do.

Regards,

Jose R.

Jotap54, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.

1. Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives. - Similar Threads - Resetting multiple hard

2. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  3. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  4. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Hard Drives: I have a second hard drive in computer that is setup for D: drive. Windows decided that D: drive is a music file and thus whenever I access files on that drive I cannot see file extensions and dates. Windows brings up the music tools options and the file headers are artist,...
  6. External hard drive multiple issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive multiple issues: I don't honestly know what the fuck is the problem with this but I've just got a brand new external hard drive and my laptop is just not working with it at all. It's taking ridiculous amounts of time to transfer files onto it.....it is constantly saying there is a issue when...
  7. installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed: I am going to do a fresh install windows of Win 10 on my computer which was running Win 7. I have 3 hard drives installed. Windows will be installed on my c Drive and my D and E drive have a lot of saved graphics on them. Will Windows only install itself on the C drive or...
  8. Resetting Windows with multiple drives

Resetting Windows with multiple drives: Hey, I want to reset my windows from the recovery tab in the settings, I want to remove everything on both of my drives My windows currently is installed in the C directory which is my SSD, and I also have a HDD drive, after resetting will windows by automatically installed...
  9. upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives

upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives: i know its been asked before, but most of the related posts on the subject are almost 2 years old - millenia in computing terms so im looking to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - instigated by experiencing an oculus VR headset and touch controllers over the weekend and reading...
  10. Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?: I have multiple hard drives on my machine with a power switch between the PSU and drive itself. None of these drives are boot drives except the drive that holds the OS. Yet, W10 will not see any of these drives just by turning on the power switch. I have to switch on the...