Windows 10: Resetting windows

Discus and support Resetting windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does resetting windows clear files in the D: drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronR7, May 10, 2021.

1. AaronR7 Win User

Resetting windows

Does resetting windows clear files in the D: drive?

:)

AaronR7, May 10, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 10, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 10, 2021
  4. newfellow Win User

Resetting windows

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Resetting windows

1. Resetting windows - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice.: I've tried everything over the internet. I can't open up most of the files on my pc, I have tried all this PowerShell Tips 'n tricks but has lead me to nowhere. I can't even connect to a network that has a password, Everything was working before fine but SSD was full of junk...
  3. My computer is in a odd reset loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is in a odd reset loop: My pc recently entered into a restart loop and I tried to access recovery mode but it refused to. I then used the windows 10 media creation tool on a flash drive, when I plugged it in that also started restart looping. I’ve tried to use a recovery usb drive but the restart...
  4. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed caused by usb c hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed caused by usb c hub: When I plug in my USB c hub, my laptop surface laptop 3 does not detect it and it gives the error Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. I can see this error in the device manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers. I followed another forum and "Right-click every device...
  5. Windows 10 laptop basically unusable, even after resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop basically unusable, even after resetting: Ever since the mandatory Windows 10 updates of the last year or 2 my Asus laptop has been essentially unusable. It takes 20 to 30 minutes to fully boot up to the desktop, and another 30 minutes for any programs to actually open at all....
  6. Resetting PC

Resetting PC: Hello, When I reset my PC and select the "Keep my personal files" will my downloaded fonts in dafont.com will be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pc/42cfde15-d56a-4ce8-922c-721947960bbc
  7. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  8. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  9. resetting pc

resetting pc: i'm trying to reset my pc. but, every time i try to reset it display as "no changes were made " can i have a solution . And my storage is only 32GB , i'm having a doubt that my low storage makes this error . can you help me with this...
  10. Cant login and no reset button

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login and no reset button: i bought a computer online, it was really good but the seller failed to disclose to me the login. i had to check the serial code to make sure it wasnt stolen its not, hallelujah i was told to do shift+restart -> troubleshoot -> pc reset, but when i do that, there is no...