Windows 10: Resetting windows

Discus and support Resetting windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does resetting windows clear files in the D: drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronR7, May 10, 2021.

1. AaronR7 Win User

Resetting windows

Does resetting windows clear files in the D: drive?

:)

AaronR7, May 10, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 10, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 10, 2021
  4. newfellow Win User

Resetting windows

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Resetting windows

1. Resetting windows - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. Can I re-activate software licenses after resetting Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I re-activate software licenses after resetting Windows 10?: I want to reset Windows 10 to factory settings and remove all apps and files. However, I'm worried about whether I'll be able to re-activate 3rd party software such as Vegas Video. Will my license keys still work when I reinstall software after resetting my PC?...
  3. PC not working properly after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not working properly after reset: My Pc was running very slow and I was running into problems so i reset the PC and went away for around 20 minutes, when i came back the screens where all black, the PC was on and my keyboard was lit up, my two monitor are also...
  4. I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.: So I followed a guide that explicitly told me to reset the permissions of C: I was having issues with multiple folders of music. Then because of this my windows UI broke, and I had to reset. Now, after the reset, I am still having issues with things like the Minecraft...
  5. Questions about recovery/reset this PC within Windows

Questions about recovery/reset this PC within Windows: Win 10 Home on old Toshiba LT with an old SSD installed I want to use the recovery/reset this PC option in Win 10. I have two options, " Keep my Files " or " Remove Everything". I have no media creation backups or ISO. I know I can create them, I can't be bothered, I just...
  6. I can’t reset my computer

I can’t reset my computer: When I try reset my computer it works until like 7% the. It says undoing changes and an error pops up saying there was a problem resetting your pc. I have tried many ways to fix it from which I found on YouTube but none of them work. Can someone pls help me I really need my...
  7. Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings: As title suggests this is my issue, the steps i have to follow will be flushing the DNS followed by resetting the network settings followed by the mandated restart.I Have only got one ethernet connection and no wifi on this PC which nails down the internet of which is...
  8. Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...: All my meticulously arranged icons reset to the upper left corner of the screen at various times. Randomly on restart maybe one out of 6 times and I've also found I can reproduce the error every time by going into "personalize"->"themes"->"desktop icon settings" and...
  9. Microsoft store reset not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store reset not working: Hello! This morning, Microsoft store wasn't working. When I was downloading Netflix, it said that it was acquiring license and nothing happened. I was following a tutorial and they said that I would need to reset the app from settings so I did. When Microsoft store was...
  10. Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB

Trying to Factory Reset Windows 10 w/o Administrator/BitLocker/USB: Hello, I have been trying to reset my Surface Go. I do not have access to the Administrator account, hence why I am trying to factory reset my PC. I do not have a USB available, nor do I have a USB I can use to create a bootable media to reinstall Windows 10. I have tried...