Windows 10: Residual Ram being used after closing applications

Discus and support Residual Ram being used after closing applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon starting my PC, CPU and RAM usage is around 20%, which is normal for my PC. This will stay the same until I open an application, lets say a game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Excaliburrebel, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Residual Ram being used after closing applications

Upon starting my PC, CPU and RAM usage is around 20%, which is normal for my PC. This will stay the same until I open an application, lets say a game. After finishing and closing the application, some ram will still be used, but no tasks will be shown using that ram in task manager. After a while, usage will be at around 70-80% of 16 gigabyte of ram while having 2 applications open chrome with ~3 tabs and discord. Nothing in task manager shows above 900 mbs of ram being used. If I check the user tab of task manager it shows ~1 gb of ram being used. I've ran malwarebytes scans multiple times with nothing showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Excaliburrebel, Jan 27, 2020

2. UNINSTALLING GOOGLE CHROME & RESIDUAL LEFT OVERS (COMPLETELY)

Hi Stacee,

All the applications and programs installed on the computer will be located under
    Programs and Features window in Control panel.

Before assisting further, how did you uninstall Google Chrome on the computer?

You will be able to completely uninstall and remove the relevant files of a program or an application from the computer in
    Program and Features window.

Follow the steps below to uninstall Google Chrome files and folders completely from the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard, type
      appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
    • Check if Google Chrome is located in the window.
    • If yes, select the program and click on Uninstall
      option.
    • After the uninstalling process is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check if the program developer has a program removal kit for that particular program and uninstall the program completely from the PC.

Write to us with the status of removing Google Chrome residual files and folders on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Residual Ram being used after closing applications

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Residual Ram being used after closing applications :D

DrunkenMafia, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Residual Ram being used after closing applications

1. Residual Ram being used after closing applications - Similar Threads - Residual Ram being

2. Only one ram being used after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one ram being used after BSOD: So recently my laptop had a Blue Screen of Death, I can't remember the error code exactly but it was something about the kernel, When it rebooted I noticed my laptop was slower then usual and apparently there's only 8gb of ram. Even though I have 16gb and both the ram are in...
  3. Only one ram being used after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one ram being used after BSOD: So recently my laptop had a Blue Screen of Death, I can't remember the error code exactly but it was something about the kernel, When it rebooted I noticed my laptop was slower then usual and apparently there's only 8gb of ram. Even though I have 16gb and both the ram are in...
  4. Only one ram being used after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RAM being used by invisible apps

RAM being used by invisible apps: I have 8gb of ram 3000 speed this only started happening recently not sure what is taking up the ram but when you add up the percents and see how much is being used in total it doesnt add up right from what I can see on the processes it says all together when I count it that...
  6. Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.

Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.: I know that 3-4 Gb of RAM is used up by Windows for its functioning. But I have a 16Gb 15.7 Gb useable RAM and over 7-8 Gb of it is been used right after startup. And then the RAM skyrockets after I open Chrome or Opera as they use a lot of RAM resulting in the RAM in being...
  7. Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.: I know that 3-4 Gb of RAM is used up by Windows for its functioning. But I have a 16Gb 15.7 Gb useable RAM and over 7-8 Gb of it is been used right after startup. And then the RAM skyrockets after I open Chrome or Opera as they use a lot of RAM resulting in the RAM in being...
  8. RAM being used on nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...
  9. Ram Not being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...
  10. Ram being used up by "nothing" and force closing apps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ram being used up by "nothing" and force closing apps: Help! My computer is not what it should be. I have 8gb ram, but it is being used somewhere I cannot find. Task manager and resource monitor show very high usage (80s and up), but the programs listed are using almost no ram. I have an example in the pictures below. After...