Windows 10: Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed

Discus and support Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my temp folder, I was getting folders for logs of two apps that I had installed and then uninstalled with Revo. And I could not delete those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Jan 21, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed

In my temp folder, I was getting folders for logs of two apps that I had installed and then uninstalled with Revo. And I could not delete those folders, because the log files were "in use."

So I did some searching in the registry and came across this entry, which apparently lists all the log folders that will be active when Windows boots up. Once I cleaned out the offending entries, and then rebooted, I was able to delete those log file folders.

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

PS: I am submitting feedback to Revo.

:)

2. Drone Win User

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 21, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Revo uninstaller problem

Have free version of Revo ? Never had this issue been using Revo for years and is a good uninstaller, but should yes always look through all entries it lists for leftovers before deleting them, seen some instances where might remove ones not related to program, but rare instances . Are you running as admin installing it ? Revo does hold backups and registry backup in users /<name>/AppData/local/ VS Revo Group folder.

jds63, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed - Similar Threads - Residual registry entries

2. Residuals and left over registries and services of uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Residuals and left over registries and services of uninstalled programs: Dear Microsoft , I am trying to find a solution for residuals and left out folders and registries of uninstalled programs which possess some problems .When i uninstall a program some programs leave some residuals in registries and install location even selection of option to...
  3. Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...: When you uninstall a program through "Programs and Features" and afterwards, launch Revo, that program is not listed in Revo... Does the Pro version of Revo list programs that have been removed through "Programs and Features" ? 174560
  4. Revo Uninstaller Pro offer.

Revo Uninstaller Pro offer.: Revo Uninstaller Pro is 67% off today: Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstallation Software - 67% off for PC 143432
  5. Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed

in Windows 10 Support
    Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed: In my temp folder, I was getting folders for logs of two apps that I had installed and then uninstalled with Revo. And I could not delete those folders, because the log files were "in use." So I did some searching in the registry and came across this entry, which apparently...
  6. Revo Uninstaller Question

Revo Uninstaller Question: Thanks to the Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 thread on here I just bought it. I thought that I would test it out and remove HexChat as I had planned to remove it anyway. My question is regarding the registry entries it found. I'm wondering if removing them will break anything -...
  7. Revo Uninstaller Pro 4

Revo Uninstaller Pro 4: Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller, Portable Uninstaller [img] cKc4YL70xeI What's new in Revo Uninstaller Pro 4? Added - New Module – Windows Apps Manager to uninstall Windows Apps Added - New...
  8. Revo Uninstaller Pro Update Error

Revo Uninstaller Pro Update Error: I started getting this error message when checking for Revo Uninstaller updates. Has anyone noticed this and have a fix? [img] 114890
  9. Revo Uninstaller Pro Connection Error

Revo Uninstaller Pro Connection Error: I just installed Revo Uninstaller Pro and get the connection error shown below despite my internet connection being OK and pausing Kaspersky antivirus. Does anyone have this issue and what's the solution? [img] 93062
  10. Revo Uninstaller Pro Sale

Revo Uninstaller Pro Sale: Revo Pro is $8.95 today if anyone is interested. Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstallation Software - 77% off for PC 85163