Windows 10: Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10

Discus and support Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I resize the width of the taskbar? It takes up 1/3 of the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeNM_835, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10

How do I resize the width of the taskbar? It takes up 1/3 of the screen.

:)

MikeNM_835, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Jan 21, 2019
  3. David Sz. Win User
    Taskbar height/width on the side

Hi,

I'm using my taskbar at left side but I hate width of them. I don't know why are icons as Wi-Fi connection, Volume etc. in two columns which expends width of taskbar. I tried unlock taskbar and resize width manually but nothing. When I change position of
    taskbar at default option (bottom) everything is nice in one line.

Thank you for help!
    Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10 4df9b5e3-42dc-4a75-8f16-a7de7e649fb0.jpg

David Sz., Jan 21, 2019
  4. Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10

taskbar resize WIN 10

Doesn't work on an hp stream tablet which doesn't have a mouse only touch screen. Mine is doing same thing. All updates applied and I cannot resize the taskbar on my hp stream 8 tablet. It was fine and now its double height of what it was.

GigaByte69, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10

1. Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Resize width taskbar

2. Taskbar resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar resize: A year ago I was told that resizing the taskbar icons like on the Windows 10 isn't possible yet. It has been a year, so is it possible to change the taskbar size yet? Other than the registry edit thing....
  3. Taskbar resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar resize: A year ago I was told that resizing the taskbar icons like on the Windows 10 isn't possible yet. It has been a year, so is it possible to change the taskbar size yet? Other than the registry edit thing....
  4. Registry for Taskbar width

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry for Taskbar width: Is there a way to change the taskbar (vertical) width with a registry key edit? I know 7+ taskbar tweaker can do it, so I was thinking if I can do that manually with a registry edit. I wanna make the taskbar width smaller than u can by dragging on default windows settings....
  5. Resizing taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing taskbar: I have changed my taskbar location to the left. Then I replaced it to the bottom. But it seems big. How can I resize it? I have applied the arrow pointer, but it is not working....
  6. Auto resize column widths in Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto resize column widths in Windows?: I know that if I open a folder in W10 there are numer****umn bar, Ctrl +, etc Is there any way of setting this as a default, s****ze when a folder is opened?...
  7. Taskbar width

Taskbar width: I have accidentally clicked on something and now my task bar is too wide. I have tried everything but can't get it back to normal. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-width/254bb810-3a97-4975-966b-b9a6b5ff436e
  8. taskbar button icon width

taskbar button icon width: I found in seven forum a solution from Brink about this HTML Code: "]Windows 7 Help Forums Is it working that? How can I reduce the taskbar button icon width? 18442
  9. Vertical taskbar width

Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810
  10. taskbar resize

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar resize: hi I resize the task bar to large, cant remember how to change it back 23934