Windows 10: Resize Windows 10 full screen application

Discus and support Resize Windows 10 full screen application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaymondMcKeown, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even tried the zones in Powertoys but still will not 'zone' or reduce the screen real-estate.

I had thought about a Virtual Desktop in a window but I dont think such a thing exists - I was wondering if anyone could think of a solution to only showing the full screen application in the bottom right quadrant of one of my monitors only it is for a large display screen.

Thanks

:)

RaymondMcKeown, Jul 18, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Increase tiles size in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the applications on the Start screen.

• Click on the Start button to open the Start screen.

• Right click on the Application which you want to resize.

• Select the Resize option from the list and try the options available.
    Note: Not all the applications can have a
    Resize
    option and it varies to a particular applications. You may not able to customize the text and picture of the default application on the Start screen.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

In Windows 10: All application windows fixed at full screen, can't resize

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a laptop I bought a couple of weeks ago. Everything seemed to be working fine. Then on May 23 I was automatically updated with KB3140741 and KB3156421. Since that time all application windows are fixed in full screen mode
    and I can't resize them. This is annoying as heck. I backed out of KB3156421, no change. I can't back out of 3140741. Before I try to restore an earlier build or reinstall Windows altogether, are there any simpler solutions?

StefanSharkansky, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Resize Windows 10 full screen application

1. Resize Windows 10 full screen application - Similar Threads - Resize full screen

2. Windows Full Screen Application Bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Full Screen Application Bug: This bug happens when I HAVE opened a full screen mode application and they are running background.The moment I tried to switch back to this application by either alt-tabbing or clicking on its taskbar icon, the screen flashes black as it should. But then it goes back to the...
  3. Windows Full Screen Application Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Full Screen Application Bug: This bug happens when I HAVE opened a full screen mode application and they are running background.The moment I tried to switch back to this application by either alt-tabbing or clicking on its taskbar icon, the screen flashes black as it should. But then it goes back to the...
  4. Windows Explorer always resizing to tiny window after full screen application closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer always resizing to tiny window after full screen application closes: I have a new Dell XPS 13. All updates have been installed. It has a resolution of 3840x2400, I mention this because I think it might be related. Scaling is setup to 225%. Whether it is Windows Explorer, or an application window, whenever I launch a full screen app (games),...
  5. Resize from full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize from full screen: The full screen icon doesn't seem to work anymore since last update. Use to be able to look at multiple screens and can nolonger do that-any fixs would be helpful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-from-full-screen/bd853ca1-7fa2-455b-9bf8-a108f09e8ff7
  6. resizing window...stuck in full screen view

resizing window...stuck in full screen view: Windows 10. I can only minimise a window to an icon or max it to full screen...no in between https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-windowstuck-in-full-screen-view/9a2d1ae3-f0c6-4db0-8da6-f7fbecfbfe01
  7. Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized.

Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized.: Hello. Lately I have problem with using some applications/software/games. I uploaded 2 screenshots to show what exactly I mean. One of it is a game and the other is a software. I can hear the game's music on the background but I cant resize it or make it full screen. I...
  8. Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...: When using a 4K monitor (and a 1920x1080 besides it, but that most likely doesn't matter), and you start a Game for instance that runs in 1920x1080, that will force any window open in the desktop environment to be resized to 1920x1080 (and often moved to a new location)....
  9. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  10. Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iptv smarters desktop for to move or make screen smaller