Windows 10: Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

Discus and support Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JudyJames43, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day.

Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably annoying, and a huge waste of time.

I'm using a ViewSonic 1080p monitor with a HDMI cable, the same monitor as before with Win 7. I've already gone to Control Panel and turned off the "Snap", which is really the only solution I've been able to find. I also uninstalled the video driver and re-booted, which was another suggestion I saw. So far, nothing has worked. To avoid frustration, I don't allow the PC to go to sleep, which is a waste of energy. There has to be a better way.

:)

JudyJames43, Feb 12, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Canzara Win User
    Keeps resizing after sleep

Hopefully I can explain this properly.
    I'm having an issue with video. Ever since i upgraded to a gtx 660 ti when returning from sleep the resolution seems to change.
    I keep having to "resize" the desktop slightly.
    Its fine returning from games, or anything else seems to be fine...but everytime my monitor goes into sleep and I wake it, the screen is wrong. Either it will have black bars all the way around the screen, or it will be too large for the screen.
    Its easily fixed using the resize button in the nvidia control panel, but its getting old.

The system was freshly formatted when I upgraded.
    I've tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing using the latest versions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canzara, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

1. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown - Similar Threads - Resized moved sleep

2. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep: Like many others I found this to be a giant pain. Lock your computer or just walk away with programs up and come back to find them small and in the upper left corner.Well, this post by AndrejPirman...
  3. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  4. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  5. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Resizing and moving all open windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing and moving all open windows after sleep or shutdown: Windows all of a sudden is resizing and moving all open windows after sleep or shutdown, it will not remember the settings at all, already reinstalled drivers, uninstalled all programs, uninstalled all drivers, reset windows, done a repair installation - all to no avail. This...
  7. Windows being moved and resized every time I sleep/shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows being moved and resized every time I sleep/shutdown/restart: As of recently, whenever I put my computer to sleep of a night and wake it up the next morning, all my windows have been moved from where I want them. These windows I usually have on my second monitor in certain sizes, but they are all moved to my main monitor and some are...
  8. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  9. Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep: I have dual monitors and every time they wake from sleep, the windows that are open in the second monitor are resized and moved to the primary monitor. This is incredibly frustrating because it disrupts my workflow and I have to rearrange my windows every single time I wake...
  10. Open windows move and resize after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open windows move and resize after sleep: I have a six month of Dell Vostro which came installed with Windows 10 Pro. Every time my computer sleeps when it wakes all open windows have shifted position and/or resized....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel nuc: windows resized after waking from sleep