Windows 10: Resized Maximised Windows after Resolution Change

Discus and support Resized Maximised Windows after Resolution Change in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Games that change the resolution of my screen will always resize all my maximised windows. Are there any convenient solutions to this, or is the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PartyCabbage, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Resized Maximised Windows after Resolution Change

Games that change the resolution of my screen will always resize all my maximised windows.

Are there any convenient solutions to this, or is the only solution to restore then maximise every window again?

submitted by /u/PartyCabbage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PartyCabbage, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Resized Maximised Windows after Resolution Change

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Resized Maximised Windows after Resolution Change

1. Resized Maximised Windows after Resolution Change - Similar Threads - Resized Maximised Resolution

2. Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change: Hi! I recently bought a new 4k display and my scaling is set to 200%. As previously, my scaling is performed on GPU that's how it was always set in Nvidia Control Panel for best image quality. So each time i launch a full screen game which runs a lower resolution for example...
  3. Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change: Hi! I recently bought a new 4k display and my scaling is set to 200%. As previously, my scaling is performed on GPU that's how it was always set in Nvidia Control Panel for best image quality. So each time i launch a full screen game which runs a lower resolution for example...
  4. Windows [10] makes it too difficult to resize a maximised window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows [10] makes it too difficult to resize a maximised window.: There is almost certainly thousands of questions open about this already, and probably hundreds of bugs. But given how often this problem comes up, I think i'm doing a favour raising a question / bug about this. I urge other users to do the same. It's proposterous that an...
  5. Windows [10] makes it too difficult to resize a maximised window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows [10] makes it too difficult to resize a maximised window.: There is almost certainly thousands of questions open about this already, and probably hundreds of bugs. But given how often this problem comes up, I think i'm doing a favour raising a question / bug about this. I urge other users to do the same. It's proposterous that an...
  6. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.: So I play CSGO at 1440x1080, I don't like playing at 16:9 but suddenly I can't enter the game without changing the resolution for the whole desktop to 1440x1080 manually, while before I would just click the game, it would automatically resize and I could play, but now I have...
  7. Can't change resolution after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution after restart: Hello Everyone! Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized that the screen had no signal so I unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor and back in, only to find out it didn't work so...
  8. Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar resizing based on resolution of games: Ive fixed the issue in the past but now a friend of mine is having it and I dont remember what I did to fix it, the issue is as simple as if you open a game that doesnt have the right resolution for your screen (we both use tvs) the game bar becomes huge and unusable while...
  9. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change: I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work. Also, as soon as...
  10. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Monitor after resolution change: Hi. I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution. I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its recommended resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looked clear and good. I switched it to 4K to see what the difference was. Since I...