Windows 10: resized task panes in windows 10

Discus and support resized task panes in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hope this hasn't already been answered. I'm new to Windows 10; just upgraded from 7. An annoying "feature" is that when my desktop goes to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ken B_10., Mar 15, 2019.

1. Ken B_10. Win User

resized task panes in windows 10

I hope this hasn't already been answered. I'm new to Windows 10; just upgraded from 7.

An annoying "feature" is that when my desktop goes to sleep, when I come back all my task panes have been moved to the upper left corner of the screen and resized (e.g. shrunk). This happens with all my applications: various browsers, office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), Windows/File Explorer, and other 3rd party programs I use.

Any way to stop this from happening? Thanks.

:)

Ken B_10., Mar 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane - resizing doesn't resize the file being previewed!

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate information and resolution regarding your concern in resizing Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 15, 2019
  3. M0.
    M0. Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane - resizing doesn't resize the file being previewed!

I apply updates as they are available. In Windows 10, updates are not optional, are they?

I came here to find out what troubleshooting steps to take. How would I troubleshoot this, other than resizing the pane to see if it's resizing the image?

4. mrgeek Win User

Need help with resizing details pane picture in windows explorer

the file list gets to big sometimes and i dont like scrolling down to get what i want.

You could use the Search box above the preview pane, within the open folder to jump right to where you want vs scrolling. Maybe someone can suggest how to resize the ico but I'm not aware of a way. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. resized task panes in windows 10 - Similar Threads - resized task panes

2. resize screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    resize screen windows 10: need to resize my screen help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-screen-windows-10/793b2a1e-6ef7-4f17-88c0-ff089b44db6e
  3. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  4. Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.

Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.: Hi, this is a problem that I have been having for months now, and I have tried various different fixes and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10 on a single display (laptop). When I use the snap feature to have multiple windows split on screen, they do not fully resize...
  5. Cannot read viewing pane of any program if window is resized or maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot read viewing pane of any program if window is resized or maximized: Suddenly I can't maximize or resize a window without the image becoming completely corrupted and unreadable. I can't find any info on this specific problem anywhere. This is happening in several programs including Chrome and Word. In Chrome, any notifications popping up...
  6. resizing windows

resizing windows: i can't resize the programs I open, like google chrome or windows explorer.... the little square in the right corner is available, just nothing happen when I click on it...
  7. Need help with resizing details pane picture in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with resizing details pane picture in windows explorer: Can the size of the details pane picture be adjusted? I need to have the details on in windows explorer but would like to have bigger picture in the pane 114689
  8. Resize window

Resize window: How do I resize 2 windows to share the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resize-window/64c74376-768d-4e0e-968b-fb4394168de2
  9. Any way to resize the preview panes when using win+tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to resize the preview panes when using win+tab: I'm not sure if I'm just searching it wrong, or the question just hasn't been asked yet. But I've searched to the best of my ability, high and low and I can't find anything that touches on my question. So here's the scenario: I use a 40inch tv as my PC monitor. I also play...
  10. Explorer Preview pane image will not resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Preview pane image will not resize: I'll use the explorer preview pane regularly. I have multiple installs of windows 10 on different machines. On one in particular, I cannot get the preview image to resize/scale up when I drag the preview pane to be bigger. The default space it takes is fairly narrow, which is...