Windows 10: Resizing a display in the layout

Discus and support Resizing a display in the layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help resizing the screen. My main Laptop is 4k and the screen attached is 1650 x 1050. Is there any way to, while maintaining their current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MitchH2001, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Resizing a display in the layout

I need help resizing the screen. My main Laptop is 4k and the screen attached is 1650 x 1050. Is there any way to, while maintaining their current resolutions, make it so the second monitor is as big as the first in the layout so that when I move my mouse through say the top of the screen , it still progresses to the second screen?

Resizing a display in the layout cd657fd8-caca-42f3-9b9f-fa95ea4c31d8?upload=true.png

:)

MitchH2001, Jan 5, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Resizing a display in the layout

Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Resizing a display in the layout

1. Resizing a display in the layout - Similar Threads - Resizing display layout

2. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  3. Can't resize second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize second display: I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is physically half the size of the monitor, to be far bigger. This means when I move the mouse between the two, there is desync and...
  4. Help to resize my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help to resize my display: I’m wanting to double my tv as a monitor as shown in this post.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f98fxs/my_new_tv_ist_too_large_to_use_as_a_monitor_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Here’s my dimensions 42 in (110 cm) [corner to corner]...
  5. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

Second Screen Display keeps resizing.: My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings but the empty...
  6. How do I resize displays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I resize displays?: [ATTACH] I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are physically similar sizes. this means that if I move my cursor from my 4k monitor to my 1080p monitor it can get stuck in certain...
  7. Display and Windows are Resizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display and Windows are Resizing: I have W10 and a couple of days ago, W10 Update installed Interl Graphics Display 26.20.100.7263. Ever since then I have been having the following problems: Now and the, W10 will beep at me with 2 different sounds--I can't figure out what this means nor what the beeps...
  8. Screen display layout

Screen display layout: My buttons typically along the bottom of my screen have relocated to the right side of the screen. How do I switch them back? KC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-display-layout/0a99adc6-7255-44b0-b779-b956b0acdf70
  9. Keyboard layout UK displayed automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard layout UK displayed automatically: Please help me this is the 2nd time i found that bug after I installed windows 10 1803 English international, its happened before when I installed 1709, and I really tired to set only 2 languages in the bar, its shown only after i click language preferences I don't speak...
  10. Display - is it possible to do this resize?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display - is it possible to do this resize?: I'm setting up a W10 computer for a friend. It's an HP all-in-one which has the motherboard, hard drive etc, inside the 23" screen. The res is 1920 x 1080, or 16:9. I'd like to configure her display to look like my 24" 1920 x 1200 (16:10), but I can't see how. I don't...