Windows 10: resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10

Discus and support resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to resize and email my pictures from File Explorer, and used to be able to do that on my previous computer, but on my new one, I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lemonie66, Aug 18, 2019.

1. lemonie66 Win User

resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10

I want to resize and email my pictures from File Explorer, and used to be able to do that on my previous computer, but on my new one, I keep getting the error "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program , or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

I know from forums a few years ago that Mail App is not able to do this yet but I haven't seen any current threads about this. I have tried multiple emails as default (eg Thunderbird) but it is still not working. I am able to resize and save to a folder, and then open a new email in Gmail and attach files and send, but that is not as efficient or easy as just right clicking on the photos in File Explorer, and send to mail recipient, choose resize size, and send. I do not want to have to save the smaller files, I just want to email them.

I know I can right click on the picture in File Explorer and click Share instead of "send to email recipient" however I do not know how to resize it before I send it that way.

:)

lemonie66, Aug 18, 2019

2. where is resize option before sending an email with a photo,????

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Which email are you referring to email app or email client server?
    • Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Attach photo in a mail.
    • Left click on a photo.
    • You will get a resize option, you can drag & resize photo.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
  4. resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10

resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10

1. resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - resizing emailing photos

2. Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10: This question has been asked many times, but the answers are contradictory, and I don't know if something has changed since they were posted a few years ago. Can we use the Photos app in Windows 10 to resize photos? Or has the function been disabled? I have version...
  3. Resize photo options greyed out in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resize photo options greyed out in Explorer: Hi the size options, other than custom, don't work Hugh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-photo-options-greyed-out-in-explorer/4e5ef3ab-ecb0-438e-bc7d-5cb3d8ca38bf
  4. Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yammz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjuse/windows_file_explorer_will_not_resize_or_minimize/
  5. Resizing text in window/file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing text in window/file explorer?: Hi all, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to open a file in Netbeans - it opened up the file explorer from where you're supposed to choose the file you want to open - and the text along the top bar of the screen is tiny as well as the text in the pop up explorer?...
  6. Emailing from File Explorer

Emailing from File Explorer: I have not been able to connect my email account to File Explorer in order to send documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailing-from-file-explorer/2cb76ad9-a6e1-4f28-ad8b-5136f3a5dca4"
  7. Resizing photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing photos: Our small business depends upon us sending multiple photos to clients, sometimes as many as 20 photos. The files are too big to put in one email without resizing them. Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am unable to find a way to resize multiple pictures. I...
  8. Cannot email photo from Windows File Explorer

Cannot email photo from Windows File Explorer: Using Windows 10, in File Explorer, when I right click on a photo >Send to > Mail Recipient> Select photo size > Attach, nothing happens. My email doesn't open, and I do not get an error message. I am doing it this way because I wanted to email the photo in a lower...
  9. Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10: I unfortunately bought a new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 Pro. The size of the folders in File Explorer are nothing like the size they were on my old Windows 10 Home Version laptop. Actually the View Large icons are the same size as the View Extra Large Icons. HP support...
  10. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resize window file explorer in windows 10

2. get help with file explorer in windows 10 resize photos

3. image resize with file explorer

4. resizing file explorer in windows 10,
  5. get help with file explorer in windows 10 resize photos when sharing by email,
  6. resize file in file explorer,
  7. how to resize and email pictures from file explorer without saving the resized file