Windows 10: Resizing game windows

Discus and support Resizing game windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Computer noob here, I was playing a game the other day, and I usually keep it in windowed mode, because it seems to lag less when I do that. At one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zomkit, Nov 21, 2020.

1. /u/Zomkit Win User

Resizing game windows

Computer noob here, I was playing a game the other day, and I usually keep it in windowed mode, because it seems to lag less when I do that. At one point I was tinkering with the settings and I flipped it back to fullscreen and then back to windowed (which I’ve done many times before) Except this time, the window was way bigger, big enough to fit the screen.

How do I resize this window? Since it’s a game, when I hover my cursor above it, it just disappears. I can still move it, though. There’s still that white strip above the window that I can drag around my desktop.

If anyone has any advice as to how to resize this window and how it changed sizes in the first place, they would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Zomkit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zomkit, Nov 21, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Nov 21, 2020
  3. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Resizing game windows

Resizing photos for export using windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Which app/program are you using to browse/view photos?
    • Are you referring to Windows Photos app to edit/resize image?

If you are using Windows Photos app to edit image, I would like to inform you that as of now there are no image resizing option available in Photos app. I suggest you to use other app/program to resize the image (e.g. Paint).

To resize image in Paint, kindly refer the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Note: The above link contains step for Windows 7, but they also applies to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Resizing game windows

1. Resizing game windows - Similar Threads - Resizing game

2. 0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...: Hi, I've been trying to install windows update but get the error 0x80070643.I've them came across this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bfI...
  3. 0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...: Hi, I've been trying to install windows update but get the error 0x80070643.I've them came across this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bfI...
  4. 0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen: When playing "Halo: Master Chief Collection" when switching from windowed to fullscreen it resizes on the wrong screen. I have put it in bordered moved it then resized the screen then put it to "fullscreen" windowed and when I close and reopen the program in the windowed...
  6. When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen: When playing "Halo: Master Chief Collection" when switching from windowed to fullscreen it resizes on the wrong screen. I have put it in bordered moved it then resized the screen then put it to "fullscreen" windowed and when I close and reopen the program in the windowed...
  7. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.: So I play CSGO at 1440x1080, I don't like playing at 16:9 but suddenly I can't enter the game without changing the resolution for the whole desktop to 1440x1080 manually, while before I would just click the game, it would automatically resize and I could play, but now I have...
  8. Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar resizing based on resolution of games: Ive fixed the issue in the past but now a friend of mine is having it and I dont remember what I did to fix it, the issue is as simple as if you open a game that doesnt have the right resolution for your screen (we both use tvs) the game bar becomes huge and unusable while...
  9. How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game: I'm trying to figure out how to stop windows from moving around and resizing when I alt+tab out of a game like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It gets annoying and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to stop doing that. Any help is much appreciated. If it helps to know...
  10. Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games: I have a laptop that has two graphics card (Intel Integrated 520 and GeForce 940M G), and not sure if it's the result of the first one, but whenever I run a new game it starts in a very low resolution. Most of the modern games support 1080p (my screen's native resolution),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can resize my game resolution