Windows 10: Resizing Items on the Desktop

Discus and support Resizing Items on the Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10. Just got a new Desktop with a 27" monitor. I thought the larger monitor would give me more space. It did not. Everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesBolster, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Resizing Items on the Desktop

I am using Windows 10.

Just got a new Desktop with a 27" monitor. I thought the larger monitor would give me more space. It did not. Everything is just bigger!

How can I resize things on my Desktop so that I can fit more Windows, icons, etc.?

I tried Display settings but it only allows me to make Fonts BIGGER! I would like Icons and Fonts to appear smaller.

I work with multiple items open and would like to have many on the Desktop at one time. Yes, I know I can resize the Window but the Icons don't get smaller!

Any ideas?

:)

JamesBolster, Dec 31, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

windows 10 resize all start items simultaneously?

Hi,

When you say “Windows 10 resize all start items simultaneously?” are you referring to desktop icons or startup modern icons?

If you are referring to startup icon appear on the desktop then follow this simple steps and try if it help.

• Right-click on the desktop and select
      view.

• Click on medium icon and click on
      auto-arrange icons
    Also if you are referring to startup modern icons on the start menu then follow the steps below and check it help.

• Press Windows logo key + I and select
      displa
      y.

• Click on System and select display.

• On the left click on Change the size of texts, apps, and other items: 100% (recommended) as per to the requirement
      and click on apply.
    Get back to us with the result and we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 31, 2019
  3. resize desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1:

To change the desktop icons take the steps below:

· Right click on an empty area of the desktop

· Select ‘View’

From here we will have three options:

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

Method 2:

To resize the icons on Windows 10 follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on System.
    • In Display tab, increase the percentage or bar under change the size of text, apps and other items.
    • Click on Apply button.
    Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 31, 2019
  4. S WMARR Win User

Resizing Items on the Desktop

Windows 10 desktop Icon resizing?

I found out how to resize desktop icons, see below ,

To change the desktop icons take the steps below:

· Right click on an empty area of the desktop

· Select ‘View’

From here we will have three options:

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

When you select the options listed above the icons will change based on the size selected.

S WMARR, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Resizing Items on the Desktop

1. Resizing Items on the Desktop - Similar Threads - Resizing Items Desktop

2. Resizing desktop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing desktop doesn't work: Resizing desktop is stuck on 1842 x 1014, I can't resize any other resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-desktop-doesnt-work/3ddd5118-13e1-425b-99f7-02bdc3875b0d
  3. Resizing desktop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing desktop doesn't work: Resizing desktop is stuck on 1842 x 1014, I can't resize any other resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-desktop-doesnt-work/3ddd5118-13e1-425b-99f7-02bdc3875b0d
  4. Resizing desktop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop missing items: I lost my Recycle Bin icon. I tried to restore it and when I did, all the icons on my desktop.Some of these items were shortcuts, but many of them were actual files.HELP...
  6. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  7. Black resizable window on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black resizable window on desktop: I have this strange line/window on the desktop of my new Win10 PC. I've just installed the OS and all drivers with no other things inside. How can I remove it? https://youtu.be/KZJfKU3XvAk submitted by /u/VGR95r [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Icon Resized Itself

Desktop Icon Resized Itself: How does the recycle bin icon suddenly resize itself on the desktop? It did on my Windows tablet. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-resized-itself/ab239c5e-11b9-40a7-af8a-08935f755e64
  9. RESIZE APP ON DESKTOP SCREEN,

RESIZE APP ON DESKTOP SCREEN,: I HAVE SUDDENLY AND WITHOUT ANY PROVOCATION FROM ME, HAD MY RECYCLE BIN APP AND ONE DRIVE APP ON MY DESKTOP START UP SCREEN ENLARGE TO MAXIMUM SIZE. I have to make it SMALLER, PLEASE I AM TRULY BAFFELED WITH THIS. CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO RESIZE THESE TWO (2) apps...
  10. Resizing Pages + Desktop View

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing Pages + Desktop View: One moment I am happily working on my PC then, after clicking on 'New Email', I found that the email message covered the entire screen. Usually, it opens at a smaller size so I assume that to be the default size. When I went to reduce its size - by clicking on the overlapping...