Windows 10: Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates!

Discus and support Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Preview Editions updates! Why does MS (?) keep re-installing features that I've previously changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tom Poleet, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates!

Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Preview Editions updates!

Why does MS (?) keep re-installing features that I've previously changed in settings!!

And, How to change seems to have moved!! I can NOT find in local HELP anymore!!!!

I do understand that some features are needed WHEN THE FINAL EDITION IS AVAILABLE, But Why Now??

Until then, PLEASE Stop changing MY settings!!!!!!!

:)

Tom Poleet, Oct 11, 2018

2. Microsoft Acknowledges Gaming Performance Issues Under Win 10 Creators Update

yeah, I run Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot on separate ssd's. and to be honest I get better performance in gaming benchmarks and higher fps in Win 7. I prefer Win 10 though just for the look of it(subjective) and never upgraded from the 1607 Anniversary build nor have been offered it through Windows update.
    having seen all the issues with the 'Creators' update on the BF1 forums I never had any intention of using it thankfully.

chief-gunney, Oct 11, 2018
  3. er557 Win User
    Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some minor issues

1) did you try alt-tab from the game and alt-tab back?

2) win 10 fall update has a feature to reopen any app that was present before the restart, they seem to pop up. I use classic shell to restart from the start menu, which does not have this behaviour- reopen any app that was open pre-restart. You may try to disable auto start with autoruns utility for the entry msascuil or similar( security health)

er557, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates!

Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some minor issues

I finally got the "Fall Creators" update a few days ago. So far everything seems to be working fine with two small exceptions:

1) I can no longer minimize games with the Windows key on the keyboard. A lot of games used to seamlessly minimize to a smaller window (such as BF4/1) so I could quickly do something on the desktop and then click on the game window to maximize to full screen again. Is there any setting that the update may have changed which would effect this?

2) Each time I restart Windows it Windows Defender pops up in a window. Not much of a problem but I don't see the need for it to pop up each time I restart Win 10 to tell me that my device is protected. Just another pointless click to close. Any work around in Defender settings to make it not popup at startup?

Flogger23m, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates!

1. Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates! - Similar Threads - Resizing occurs 10+

2. Win 10 2004 Fall update problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 Fall update problems: Hello. A week or so ago I tried to install this update but I got this error : 0x8024000b I tried again, but this time with this error : 0xc1900101 When I wanted to try again, the update was gone! Is there a way to get it back? Is it even safe to try? Tonight I thought I'd...
  3. Win 10 - Fall Creators Update 1709 - Logon Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - Fall Creators Update 1709 - Logon Screen Problem: Hi, I have update three machines to the new Fall Update, and all of them have the same issue with the Logon Screen. I have had the 'Cave' picture to be shown when logging in and after installing the Fall Update, this picture was replaced by the stupid Mountain Lake. Ok,...
  4. Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening: My wife and I both have Dell Inspiron 5558 laptops, identically configured. When the Creators Update was scheduled to be released, I set both of them to metered connection to hold off on the update while I waited to see if there were going to be any major issues reported....
  5. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  6. Resize the Touch Keyboard after Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resize the Touch Keyboard after Fall Creators Update: The touch keyboard was changed with the Fall Creators Edition update. It now displays in a much larger area -- it takes up nearly half of the screen when the "full" keyboard is selected, both when the keyboard is locked to the bottom of the screen or when it can be moved to...
  7. BSOD after Win 10 security update KB4041676 or Win 10 Fall Creators

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Win 10 security update KB4041676 or Win 10 Fall Creators: Hi everyone, I hope someone can assist me. I'm having serious troubles since October 16. As far as I know, because this computer in troubles is remote, it has been restarting by serious crashes since Microsoft automatically installed the last security update. The first...
  8. Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi: Hello everyone, Upon much Google'ing... there seems to be an issue after updating to the creators update and wifi connections. Let it be known that I was not intentionally tyring to update to Win 10 Creators update. I merely wanted to install the a regular version of Win 10...
  9. Win 10 update (fall 2017) fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update (fall 2017) fails: Win 10 update assistant notifies to update goes thru update --- Fails HP Desktop 4gb Win 8 (1tb spinner) --> Win 10 --> migrate to SSD (45G used 65 G free) error code 0x80070057 on another attempt error code 0x80070652 allowed it to try update many times ----...
  10. Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some issues with minimizing & Defender: I finally got the "Fall Creators" update a few days ago. So far everything seems to be working fine with two small exceptions: 1) I can no longer minimize games with the Windows key on the keyboard. A lot of games used to seamlessly minimize to a smaller window (such as...