Windows 10: Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

Discus and support Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this: I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlackingAtWork, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this:

I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive is 1tb.

I now have almost 500gb of unallocated space. The problem is this: There is my C drive, a 'recovery partition', and then the unallocated space. Think 1, 2, and 3. I need to move the recovery partition so that I can extend the C drive partition.

1=My C drive 2=the recovery partition 3=the unallocated space. In disk management, the order of partitions/volumes is 1,2,3. What is 123 needs to be 132 in order for me to resize partition 1, which means I have to move the recovery partition. If I move the recovery partition to the end, making the 123 volumes into 132, will it crash my operating system? Will it crash my operating system if I move the recovery partition to the end of the drive in disk management? I am sorry for the redundant explanation, but people don't seem to understand my question and I'm not sure why. I know how to stretch partitions already. I also understand that a partition that is being stretched needs to have unallocated space adjacent to it. My question is about moving a partition so that I have unallocated space next to the partition I want to resize. Will doing so crash my system?

:)

SlackingAtWork, Jan 31, 2021

2. Resize partition C

In order to extend C and recover space from D, you will need to delete the 866 MB Healthy Recovery Partition and the Storage D:\ partitions.

There appears to be data on the D:\ partition.

I recommend you backup any important data on that partition before deleting it. After deleting the partitions, you will be able to extend C:\

Steps:

Right click the ‘Healthy (Recovery Paritition) and the
    Storage (DResizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way. :)
    partitions in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition
    (CResizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way. :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows
    or my recovery disk

HectorEdenburg, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Willy9000 Win User

Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

Windows 10 & Too many Recovery partitions

Disk Management displays:

• 300 MB Healthy (EFI System partition)
    • 900 MB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    • OS (CResizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way. :) 184,97 GB Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash, Primary partition)
    • 912 MB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    • 450 MB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    • DATA (DResizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way. :) 258,15 GB Healthy (Primary partition)
    • 20,01 GB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    It concerns an ASUS N750JV laptop that came with Windows 8 Home pre-installed, then upgraded to Windows 8.1. and finally to Windows 10.

One could assume that each Windows version created its own Recovery partition, so that could explain 3 Recovery partitions.

Usually I change the name of partition C: from OS (or often LOCAL) to for example Win 10 pr 64-bit, especially with it concern a dual or multi-boot computer.

Willy

Willy9000, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

1. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way. - Similar Threads - Resizing Partition cloning

2. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  3. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  4. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  6. Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete: Hello I have a Surface pro Gen 1 (quite old but still doing great) running Win 10. It only has a 64GB SSD, so I need every bit of space I can get on there. There is currently 5 healthy recovery partitions at over 10gb. I would like to hang on to the repair partition, however...
  7. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy": Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD. Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled...
  8. How to recover Healthy Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover Healthy Recovery Partition: Hi, I want to delete the Healthy Recovery Partition because it's in the way of C drive and some free unallocated space. After I delete it and merge the unallocated space and with the C drive how can I add back a Healthy Recovery Partition? submitted by /u/SingleHouse...
  9. Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...

Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...: I have a HP Pavilion with Windows 10. My C drive has only 35 GB free out of 161 GB. I was looking to extend my C drive but the extend volume option is greyed out. When I checked the Disk Management I have one health partition to the left of my C drive and one health partition...
  10. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...