Windows 10: Resizing text randomly

Discus and support Resizing text randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had W10 for three days and it has been sending me mad. The text has been resizing and windows closing randomly. Particularly bad when typing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by citizenz, Oct 24, 2015.

1. citizenz Win User

Resizing text randomly

I have had W10 for three days and it has been sending me mad. The text has been resizing and windows closing randomly. Particularly bad when typing. Finally found the cause. The new feature which allows two finger use on the mouse pad is a nightmare while typing. My wrist or fingers touch the pad briefly and then when another thing touches it then all sorts of things happen. So as I typed the text kept changes size. I found myself changing the text size back every few minutes.
    It took me some time to find the problem and disable the two finger ability. It might be nice to have if I am editing pictures but it is very difficult to get too. The control panel is difficult to find. It is not in the menu.
    I seem to have spent most of three days disabling everything in W10. I seem to have paid for something which is useless. I really want to return to W7.but there were no new laptops available.

:)

citizenz, Oct 24, 2015

2. Window Snap / resize

Tried all of that. Windows are still randomly resizing to small boxes, and throwing themselves around the screen.

jeffzervos, Oct 24, 2015
  3. resize the text

Hi Sheila,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide the needed information below:

• On what app are you trying to change the display settings?
    • Does the issue occur on your other apps?
    • Did the issue start after an update?
    • What steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Loraine Mon, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Resizing text randomly

Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 64-bit OEM.

Chuck38, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Resizing text randomly

1. Resizing text randomly - Similar Threads - Resizing text randomly

2. URL's turning into random text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL's turning into random text: As of recently, my urls start to become a string of text instead of the supposed url. This has been particular especially when I copy/paste YouTube links. Example:The hyperlink url I wanted to copy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJJEr0jwqMWhat was pasted instead-...
  3. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  4. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  5. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Application Window resized by itself randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Window resized by itself randomly: Since 3 weeks, when opening an app MS edge, Chrome, Photoshop, etc the magnifier open in the address bar and the screen size of the app is reduced without any interactions from my side. This happen even if not touching the keyboard or the mouse. Some time it reduce by one...
  7. Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?: This is baffling. When viewing Reddit on Chrome, the comment box (and this box I'm typing this message in) has a handle attached to the lower right corner of this text box that you can resize. I can make resize any text box on Reddit 1500 pixels x 1500 pixels if I want. I am...
  8. Resizing text in window/file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing text in window/file explorer?: Hi all, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to open a file in Netbeans - it opened up the file explorer from where you're supposed to choose the file you want to open - and the text along the top bar of the screen is tiny as well as the text in the pop up explorer?...
  9. random window resizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random window resizing: I am having a very annoying random windows resizing problem with my PC. I run windows 10 on a HP i5 3320M powered laptop. It is completely random. Resizing windows whenever it feels like it. It can happen any number of times in a minute, or sometimes, barely at all. My...
  10. Can't see text resizing causes problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see text resizing causes problems: Windows 10 same issue with 8.1 Can't resize text anymore, decreases ability to be able to read screen. Other "fixes" cause problems. Can't read text. I'm not blind, I have 20/20 vision, but the text is still too small!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 password randomly changes from lower case to upper case randomly